• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Just sliding around in Indiana

beinin

Drove the cage from work to home ( Kokomo-Wabash) tuesday night 25-35 mph, freezing rain and icey. Parked in the drive (I can't park in the garage, too many toys and projects). 1/2" of ice on the drive and very slick. Get up in the morning to just rain, look out to find the car has slid 10' down the drive to the curb at the street. Went out and moved the car back up the drive, went out to get the mail later and saw it slid back down the drive again. Later in the day it warmed to 41 degrees with scattered rain. Just typical Indiana weather.

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to you!!
Maybe you should put a brick or two behind the wheels of your cage to keep it from sliding....Hopefully the weather improves for you...

Bill, that's really funny! So obviously it means you got home from work sober enough to remember just where you parked the car! :thumb Not that you would do otherwise, of course. Well, it appears us midwesterners are getting a break from the rain, sleet, snow and whatever else has fallen from the sky the past few days. Which is good, since many are on the road today.

Merry Christmas from Texas

1/2" of ice on the drive and very slick. Get up in the morning to just rain, look out to find the car has slid 10' down the drive to the curb at the street. Went out and moved the car back up the drive, went out to get the mail later and saw it slid back down the drive again. Merry Christmas!

It's warm and overcast here in Houston. We've only rarely had to content with frozen conditions here. The only time my cars weren't where I parked them was when they were stolen! Feliz Navidad! Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to you!!
Maybe you should put a brick or two behind the wheels of your cage to keep it from sliding....Hopefully the weather improves for you...

I hadn't thought about doing that. I guess I can't do it anyway, since I sold that spare K 75 engine I had last spring at the Pecatonica swap meet.:)

The weather forcast calls for 59 degrees and rain this saturday. I should be able to get the GS out for a ride. :dance

Hey Dan, Happy belated birthday!

That would be my problem, not "remembering" that I parked it up in the driveway but twice would be a little scary for anyone! Merry Christmas to Bill and Laura. And also I`m thinking about going out tomorrow or Sat. depending on the rain. Hope you Indy boys get the chance also. Kerry

Hey all; Have the same problem with my driveway. had the car slide down into the street several times over the last couple of years. Finally got tired of falling on my butt triing to get it out off the street, and cleaned out the garage. Forgot how nice it is to have a nice, warm snow-free car to get into each evening. Makes a great place to store the Beemer too!! More snow on the way for the next few days, although it's warm enough to ride today (if it wern't raining) Think spring everyone!!! It's only THREE month's away!! Vaya con Dios, Dutch

I think you either have to through out an anchor line, or install a cleat on the house and tie her down in fowl weather. That what we do around here for our boats when the weather gets nasty. Just a sugestion. :thumb

Like the saying goes, "If you don't like the weather, hang around a week, it'll change!"

61 degrees today:dance Went out and rode the GS for an hour and spent 1/2 hour hosing it off. Kerry, hope you Missouri boys got your chance.

Our Best Day

Our best day was yesterday. Me, Frosty, Mike ( with the SV650 ), and a KLR guy named Tony went out for about 5 or 6 hours. There was a lot of condensation on the roads but it felt good having the wind in my face anyway. And yes, it took a good hour to clean up afterwards but it was still worth it. I`m hoping that next week Tues, to get the chance again but we`ll see. Take care you Indy boys!

Had the same icy driveway, my car was in garage. Did ya'll know anti-lock brakes
do not work in reverse? no chattering, just locked up wheels sliding backwards. Not
that it would of helped any on ice, but interesting to know. Temps hit 70 today,
got a quick 50 mile run on the old K, tried out the new Speedo gears (odometer works
for the first time in 2 years!) and a new Fiam horn. It is LLOOOOUUUUUDDDD
Damn, it felt good to ride!

A little humid and wet, but warm enough for me to ride a few hours today (despite gusty winds), and spend another 45 mins cleaning up. Lots of bikes out in Indiana today. Drove the cage to Indy to visit the Indy dealer for a few odds and ends, many guys had ridden in. I was tempted to ride the hour to Indy, but thought better of it after checking the radar and looking at the storm on the way. Glad I didn't - several signs had blown over in I-69.

It was so humid today that my garage floor looks like I hosed it down :(

Back