• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Zumo 660

P

porterjet

On the Garmin website (Home>on the road) is a header showing the Zumo 660 but when you click on information it brings up the nuvi 765T.....I guess keep watching for more information.

Just checked again, they have changed it. Looks like it was an error on the website.

John

Here are screen shots of what is/was posted. Probably a typo - but who knows.

442696120_Ky9Vk-X2.jpg

442698023_dH6iC-X2.jpg

I just looked at the site and didn't see it. But that's not to say they might not be redesigning the Zumo. :dunno

Word on the Zumo forum is the 660 will debut on January 8th at the CES show in Vegas.
Not sure how soon after it will be available for purchase, but it looks to be in February. It'll be interesting to see what improvements this unit will have over the first generation Zumo's.

I for one love my 550 so can't imagine what new bells and whistles would drive me to shell out money to replace what works quite well for me.

Word on the Zumo forum is the 660 will debut on January 8th at the CES show in Vegas.
Not sure how soon after it will be available for purchase, but it looks to be in February. It'll be interesting to see what improvements this unit will have over the first generation Zumo's.

I for one love my 550 so can't imagine what new bells and whistles would drive me to shell out money to replace what works quite well for me.

A "reverse route" option like the Quest and other models had would be great....I know pthe 550 leaves a blue crumb trail,but you do not get any prompts. Seems a software fix would do that for the 550 as it would not be worth the $$$ to me to upgrade yet.

A "reverse route" option like the Quest and other models had would be great....I know the 550 leaves a blue crumb trail,but you do not get any prompts. Seems a software fix would do that for the 550 as it would not be worth the $$$ to me to upgrade yet.

Until I read the post by the beta tester, I thought it was a mistake, and they had mislabeled the nuvi 660. I have the 550, and love it, but the 660 doesn't appear that it's all that watertight. The sd card slot on the side looks unprotected, whereas the 550 sd port is underneath, with a watertight cover enclosing it. I have riden through some heavy downpours with the 550, and it is as advertised weathertight. The new sd slot looks like water will go right inside the unit, guess we will have to wait for a report from the beta testers

I am going to CES Friday 1/9 - I have heard I will see it then, can't say who from, yet. And the nuvi 660 is discontinued.

Now, if only the forum thread notifications would come to my email, I might know when someone else posted to a thread I subscribed to! :banghead

My notifications are supposedly fixed. Could someone please post here just so I can see if I get notice?

Last edited:
The announcement is mum on XM though. There's a big something to ask at CES.

Thanks for posting the link also. Looks like I might be getting another Zumo. It would be cool if they would provide updates with those new features for the 550, therefore saving people money. But I might be asking too much on that front. :blah Also, a lot cheaper then the 550. :whistle Anyway, I will be looking at the new Zumo when it comes out and planning on how I'm going to sell my first child to get it and I don't even have any kids. :laugh :laugh :laugh

No XM, but price is $639.99 for AMA member logged-in. Also is FM traffic capable, and that was very reliable in PHX when I used it with the other Zumo I had (still have an extra, wrapped one I can use with the new 660 if make a go at it).

Music via MP3 is good, but I have a now useless SD card, since 660 uses micro SD. Not like the 450 though, this one will connect BT, and is stereo BT, while 550 is mono BT, and no XM BT headset anyway

Last edited:
No Freeway Avoidance routing

Looks like the 660 still doesn't have what I wanted to have on my 550, Freeway Avoidance Routing. I hate riding on Interstates, and my Garmin always wants to direct me that way. Magellan's have this capability. Don't know how well it works, but I would love to have the option.:scratch

Back