• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Plug for BMW Accessory socket

P

Peter_Krynicki

I'll probably describe this badly but I have a wire which on one end has a plug that goes into a BMW accesssory outlet and on the other end has a fitting that connects to a Battery Tender so that you can charge your battery.

On my last service I had the techs install leads onto the battery so that I no longer need this wire, so I want it to have a good home and it is available free to the 1st person who posts with their snail-mail address.

Butt!!!! The wires to the plug are lose so that it will work but only if you position it correctly. I just hate to toss it out in case someone can use it.

I'll probably describe this badly but I have a wire which on one end has a plug that goes into a BMW accesssory outlet and on the other end has a fitting that connects to a Battery Tender so that you can charge your battery.

On my last service I had the techs install leads onto the battery so that I no longer need this wire, so I want it to have a good home and it is available free to the 1st person who posts with their snail-mail address.

Butt!!!! The wires to the plug are lose so that it will work but only if you position it correctly. I just hate to toss it out in case someone can use it.

Paul Glaves
HC61, Box 131
Alpine, TX 79830

Thanks

Paul...

1. You got it!

2. You must have 42 of these things lieing around your workshop.

3. Voni got you one for Christmas but asked me not to tell you.

4. You gotta stop watching the forums 24/7.

5. I'll try shipping 'er out tomorrow but if the Post Office is backed up I'll do it on the 26th / 27th.

Congradulations and happy Holidays.

Paul...

1. You got it!

2. You must have 42 of these things lieing around your workshop.

4. You gotta stop watching the forums 24/7.

5. I'll try shipping 'er out tomorrow but if the Post Office is backed up I'll do it on the 26th / 27th.

I wind up using a lot of them. Can never have too many electrical connector/adaptors:)

Thanks!!!

Paul...

I have found, over the years, that turkey basters make essential shop equipment. And then when one is needed in the kitchen, the only one around is out in the shop with gear oil or something on it. Now, Christmas comes not too long after one of our turkey baster crises on Thanksgiving - so, for Christmas, Voni got me one, our daughter Melanie got me one, our son Mike got me one, and somebody helped each of our grandsons, Noah and Brody get me one. I still have a supply both in the kitchen and the shop.

No more baster crises:)

I have found, over the years, that turkey basters make essential shop equipment. And then when one is needed in the kitchen, the only one around is out in the shop with gear oil or something on it. Now, Christmas comes not too long after one of our turkey baster crises on Thanksgiving - so, for Christmas, Voni got me one, our daughter Melanie got me one, our son Mike got me one, and somebody helped each of our grandsons, Noah and Brody get me one. I still have a supply both in the kitchen and the shop.

No more baster crises:)

In a pinch use the brake fluid pump in place of a baster. The 12v electric ones are especially impressive because you get to also bring into the kitchen a big storage battery - the bigger the better. :bolt

Back