• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

How many from southern New Mexico

mfifer

Titan Silver
Anybody in or near Las Cruces New Mexico please check in here if you would.
:usa
Thanks , Mike Fifer

Mike:

In case you've forgotten, I'm here in El Paso's Upper Valley.

Larry Johnson
K12LT

In case I have forgotten? You mean because I forget. Did I meet you at The Bean on a sunday AM?

Me
DSCN0945.jpg

I rode a Saddle Sore 1,000 from my home in Arkansas to Truth or Consequences, NM last month. You guys are truly fortunate. Southern New Mexico offers some of the finest riding I've experienced. :thumb

I'm about 2 blocks from Larry, here on the Westside of El Paso. I've had several other locals yell at me at stop lights about a Beemer or K-bike they have, so there are several more around.

I graduated from NMSU in Las Cruces many years ago and get back there occasionally for a visit and to eat. Living in southern NM spoils you for all other "Mexican" food - Spanish Kitchen, My Brother's Place, Nopalitos...

At least here in Dallas, Whole Foods and Central market bring in Hatch chilis every fall. We roast and freeze a bunch of them.

Hi, Mike,
I'm also in El Paso, but on the east side. I work in Morenci, AZ, so I pass through Las Cruces quite often. I'm writing this from a friend's house in Thatcher, AZ. I'll be going home (and passing through Las Cruces) late tonight (Saturday) or tomorrow.

Hi, Mike,
For more than 30 years I was in the apparel industry, first as an industrial engineer and later as quality manager. After the last company told me my position was eliminated - effective immediately, I tried for a year to find another position in which my experience would be of value. I couldn't get one, not one, interview. So I applied at the mine and was hired. I drive one of the gargantuan haul trucks in the mine - for now. I expect more lay-offs to begin in March and wouldn't be surprised if I'm one that is laid off.

Hi, Mike,
For more than 30 years I was in the apparel industry, first as an industrial engineer and later as quality manager. After the last company told me my position was eliminated - effective immediately, I tried for a year to find another position in which my experience would be of value. I couldn't get one, not one, interview. So I applied at the mine and was hired. I drive one of the gargantuan haul trucks in the mine - for now. I expect more lay-offs to begin in March and wouldn't be surprised if I'm one that is laid off.

Sorry Phil , I hope not and wish you the best. The truck has to be kinda fun for a while though.

Mike

Close enough Jordan.
Welcome , Mike

Thanks, Mike, I would have said so earlier, but I only recently started to receive notifications from subscribed threads again, so I have been without notice of them for weeks.

I am somewhat near by? I graduated from State too, and grew up in the four corners area.... but now I live in Amarillo, TX about 5-6 hours from Cruces. I really miss that place... food, college girls, weather, college girls...

:wave

Northern N. M.

Hi Mike,
I lived in Taos for many years and worked construction there while working winters as a ski instructor at Taos Ski Valley. I did get down south some and really love it. Lincoln is a place that time has passed by...

Back