• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2009 Honda Hoot in Knoxville cancelled

This has already been discussed in the campfire section as I started a post about it last week. As I and others mentioned the Hoot has been going down hill for the last few years so this really isn't a surprise. I might also add to what was said there that many rallies and shows have a life expectancy. If the promoters do little to create something new and different every year why bother coming back? They had a good run and don't be surprised if you see the Hoot come back but at a different location in a year or two. Other rallies may go away too with the Myrtle Beach rallies being one of them and it has nothing to do with the economy but the objections of the residents who live there.
We are very fortunate in the BMW community to have many great rallies to choose from. If you have friends who miss the Hoot tell them about some of our great events. If their looking for a springtime rally in a great ridding area, family atmosphere good supply of high quality vendors, beautiful location, and pretty much the nicest people you'll meet anywhere. I would highly suggest the Georgia Mtn rally. You can't beat it for the price!

Back