• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Abandoned, run down, forgotten... post your pics!

On the Arkansas side of the river where the old highway came down of the rairoad bridge down to earth and was Highway 70 into West Memphis, Ar.. The road in 1916 from West Memphis to Little Rock was quite primitive and many sections were prone to being flooded out. Not much has changed, last year Interstate 40 was shut down due to flooding at the White River Bridge at DeValls Bluff.

On the Arkansas side the sign for the new 1948 Memphis Arkansas Bridge. That is the bridge that now carries I-55. In the background you see a sign advertising Beale Street. In Memphis, the Memphis Arkansas Bridge is known as the Old Bridge. The Hernando Desoto Bridge, I-40 is called the New Bridge. Before the New Bridge was opened back in the 70's, people were invited to walk across either way before the bridge opened. My sister did just that. There is talk, with great likelyhood that the old Harrahan automobile road will be refurbished for pedestrian and bicycle use to connect Memphis and West Memphis as a greenway.

Hovenweep National Monument

IMG_1821-X2.jpg

Ste-Mere Eglise Church

IMAGE_780.jpg
Our recent trip to Normandy was a trip of a lifetime. We have so many wonderful memories and some great photos. I would have liked to be there at the 70th anniversary but we still had a great time.

Nice pics of the Ozarks in Ar., I've been to long away. Gotta get back over there. Sooner, better than later. Barry

Abandoned farmhouse, Delaware County, PA.

Stove%202_tonemapped-Edit.jpg

I have a shack in MT that has a larger cook stove. We need to sell that stove. It must weigh a ton with all of that cast iron. Anyone need a cook stove? Makes a good boat anchor. LOL LOL

Bernie

A love of camping and a love of vintage things led me to hunting and restoring old gas pressure lanterns. Some of my best finds are "abandoned, run down and forgotten". Most people would say this lantern was ready for the scrap yard.

Coleman was contracted to build these lanterns for the Sunshine Safety Company around 1920. Within a couple years Coleman bought them out so anything marked with Sunshine Safety is a rare find. It cleaned up nicely and runs very well. Not bad for a 90 year old.

Back