• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Abandoned, run down, forgotten... post your pics!

Studebaker on the Rocks

Will Chrysler, GM be next??? :violin

31May2009013.jpg

Some recent pictures from Detroit. This is a very small sampling. Actually the whole City is just about abandond!
i3ca4y.jpg

311mgep.jpg

2zefm7m.jpg

I am just getting caught up with and now caught up in this.
There is something sad but strangely beautiful about these pics.

Great thread Nathan and thanks to all of you who have/are contributing.
Keep 'em coming.

This old VW is in a garden, near a hotel we often stay at, in St. Georgen im Attergau (near Salzburg), Austria. We visit about every 3 years. I have a photographic record of its' gradual decay................This photo is from last year. Not easily visible are the plants growing INSIDE the car!

S6000477.jpg

Here's a few more. These are the grandstand, pits buildings and the main straight of the old Reims GP circuit, sited between the villages of Thillois and Gueux, just west of Reims, France. The buildings were derelict for many years, but for the past few years, a group of local enthusiasts have been restoring them. Historic vehicle meetings are held regularly now. A very atmospheric place............
PIC_0022.jpg

This old VW is in a garden, near a hotel we often stay at, in St. Georgen im Attergau (near Salzburg), Austria. We visit about every 3 years. I have a photographic record of its' gradual decay................This photo is from last year. Not easily visible are the plants growing INSIDE the car!

View attachment 18688

Could you post them? It would be very interesting to see the old thing changing over the years.

Back