• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Abandoned, run down, forgotten... post your pics!

On the road to the RA National

Picture 158.jpg
Empty old country store in Oil Trough, Ar. on Highway 14. Been standing here all my life from the early 50's. I remember when it was a working store.
Picture 163.jpgPicture 161.jpg
Salado communty center now, unused. Danced a lot here and listened to local rock bands back in the late 60's and early 70's. Located off Highway 14. I could shakealeg back in the day:dance, Now everything else shakes and quivers.
I posted this on the ride eat meet thread. Thought it fit here, too. PS My brother said we got some moonshine out in the parking lot on several occasions. He said it was good. Can't remember, I was out in the backseat of the car making out with, ..... Well that's another story.

My wife's Great Aunt's house on Prince Edward Island. It was lived in up until 7-8 years before the pictures were taken and dates back to the late 1800s.

PEI 035-001.jpg

PEI 046.jpg

i-sxnfBqX-X3.jpg

The Bannack, MT jails. The jail on the right was built in 1863. It was the first jail in the Montana Territory. It’s unclear when the one on the left was constructed. The prisoners were chained to the metal rings attached to the floor. The gallows were clearly in view of the prisoners from the barred windows of the jail.

i-Bd5Dsrc-X2.jpg

i-6wKQMZk-X2.jpg

i-gkMjfRh-X2.jpg

i-K3jjnfz-X2.jpg

Not intended as a hijack..........but man, life was hard just 150 or so years ago. Glad I was born when I was..........

P1090654.jpg

My WAG is a hay bailer or some kind of corn harvester:scratch Not a clue.

Several of these scattered along our back county roads...this one is in better shape than most. A lot of corn and cotton used to be farmed here...the cotton got Boll Weeviled out of existence and only a few cotton gin structures remain.One is a winery now.

Back