• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Things that match with your bike

Matching buildings and matching bikes.
Chelsea Vermont.

P1020710.JPG

Is the Mrs. getting a new bike too or has the matchy matchy days come to an end?:kiss

IMG_0382.jpg

Local flower farm still gettin' it done. Saw them doing some harvesting this afternoon and decided next week may be a bit late on this field.

Does this qualify?

I have something that matches the bike... just not in the same picture. So, I've attached a picture of each. Does this qualify? :scratch

Attachments

• cobra 001a.jpg
    cobra 001a.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 277
  • photo (280)a.jpg
    photo (280)a.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 275
Nice :thumb
Is the Cobra original or reproduction?

Thanks for the thumbs up. There's a company making continuation cobra's for Shelby in Las Vegas. Them's the folks who built this one. It's not '65 iron but it is licensed. There's only 34 original 427 SC's (Street or Semi-Competition) in existence. They are rare and rarely come up for sale. Many more 289's were produced back in the day.

Attachments

• Picture 004a.jpg
    Picture 004a.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 263
Thanks for the thumbs up. There's a company making continuation cobra's for Shelby in Las Vegas. Them's the folks who built this one. It's not '65 iron but it is licensed. There's only 34 original 427 SC's (Street or Semi-Competition) in existence. They are rare and rarely come up for sale. Many more 289's were produced back in the day.

I've watched a show on this company. Looks like they make a great car.

I've watched a show on this company. Looks like they make a great car.

The Cobra is the most replicated car in the world. There are literally dozens of different kit manufacturers. There's only one licensed by Shelby and that happened because of all the law suits. That company is Superformance. Probably the most prevalent kit car is Factory Five or FFR. I wouldn't trust just any garage mechanic with putting together a kit as there are so many things that can go wrong or be compromised with. Just my humble opinion. There's a lot of great builders but buy a used one from an unknown source and, well, it's just a chance I wasn't going to take. History and titling is fuzzy on kit cars too. Mine has an original 1965 title so I registered once here in PA and don't need annual inspection. If you want authenticity, Superformance is your car. If you want to go racing, FFR is your car. If you want exclusivity, Kirkham is a great (expensive!) choice, lots of billet stock used. If you want leg room, Excalibur is the car for you. And on and on it goes.

Cobra's are a ton of fun to drive and get lots of looks. 400hp in a 2500lb package is a pretty decent power to weight ratio especially for 50 year old technology. Now, my car has some upgrades to bring it more in line with todays performers, like ventilated Wilwood disk brakes all around, Bilstein custom crafted coil over shocks, limited slip differential, fully independent front and rear suspension, etc. Makes a great sound and has plenty of get-up-and-go! :bliss

Attachments

• cobra1 030a.jpg
    cobra1 030a.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 245
Back