• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

List of camping gear.

jgr451

Hi folks some time ago I think I remember someone posting his/her list of stuff they packed.I printed it and was going to look at it when the rally was closer.Well here we are and guess what-there's the list,gone!!And I can't find it again.

:idea

Anyone remember where it was so I can reprint it?

I did clean my wheels this am in preparation for heading to Spokane.

Thanks!!

Gullpp I don't remember the list being THAT long...

...But I 'll get started right away!!
Thanks!

:clap

Here's my list

Tank bag:
Riding pants
Baclava
Glove liners
Ear plugs
Alternate Faceshield
Flashlight
Baseball cap
Cellphone
Camera
Maps/Directions
Pen and Paper
Sunglasses

Saddlebags:
Extra Pants
Extra Sweatshirt
Sweatpants
Underpants (x nights)
Tee shirts (x nights)
Socks (x nights)
Towel
Washcloth
Shampoo
Deodorant
Toothbrush and paste
Glasses and contact supplies
Sneakers
Alternate riding boots

Dufflebag:
Thermorest
Folding Cot
Pillow
Pillow case
Sleeping bag
Ground cloths (x 2)
Tent
Clothesline

Wear:
Riding Jacket
Helmet
Boots
Gloves
Glove raincovers
Wallet/Cash

It's on the Rally Forum

Under a thread entitled, Travel Companions .

You should be able to access it by clicking the link. Then, the post with the downloadable pdf file is six or seven posts down.

Rick

I believe in the list system for camping/hiking. I don't always use it, though. My friend Dom came up with 2 lists...one complete list (for car camping) and one abridged list (for hiking). The car list resembles the one Slash posted, while the hiking list contains only the necessary items for a 2 day outing. Every time I hurried through packing and disregarded the list, I would forget something. Dom would just shake his head in disgust after we got to where we were going and I would announce which item it was this time that I forgot! Use the list!!! It's fail-safe!!!

Camping list

A great debate camping with groups over the years has been coffee.

The larger the group the more methods and opinions...

So, I was pleased the see the list contain my favourite, coffee bags. Folgers makes both caf and de-caf and are good too.

Not to mention easy.

Just add Brandy.

One more thing

After having kids I discovered "wipes".

I started taking them camping, using them for toilet paper, face washes, hand washes and anything else I needed.

An excellent addition.

Just go to the Baby Section of your supermarket or pharmacy.

Re: Camping list

Paul Sibek said:
A great debate camping with groups over the years has been coffee.

I prefer to get it at a diner but will settle for a Donut shop. I won't drink gas station coffee and McD's only as a last resort.

MarkF

Me too

I'm not too big of a coffee drinker but want a good cup when I do.

Diners are great and small coffe shops/donut places.

We have a few of each here in my town.

Back