• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2005 National- Where is it?

username said:
it'd be fun/cool to get a tour of the factory too. it's really neat to see how things are made.

that'd also wake up BMWNA. "oh yeah, our hardcore customers are demoing honda bikes and touring the honda factory...AT THE BMW RALLY."

:D

Which will be about the only thing to do around there, unless you drive to Cleveland. :snore :snore :snore I still wish it was Vegas...

Hey YB, you can go to Toledo, and Cincinnati is only two hours south. The Neil Armstrong Museum is in Wapokoneta, maybe 30 miles or so from Lima. Grand Lake St Marys is not much further, and was a main source of water for the Canals that were built in Ohio.

Bellefontaine (bell fountain) is close by, and nearby is the highest point in Ohio. Big Whoop. You might get a picture there for the grin factor.

Take a trip east on RT309 to RT288, and it will take you to the mid ohio track.

The bicycle Museum of America is just south of Lima.

I will come up with more stuff as I am able.

I would like to see a combine demolition derby at the fairgrounds while we are there. Nothing like destruction on a large scale. :bliss

Theres the Wright Patterson museum in Dayton,AMA museum outside Columbus,some Amish country thats not too far and the Hocking Hills area also.

it would be at least 2 hours to Hocking hills, an hour and a half to the ama museum, and an hour to Wright Patterson to the museum.

If you're into roller coasters, there's Cedar Point in Sandusky... about two hours from Lima.

Oh yea... Put me down for the Honda factory tour.

SAY WHAT???

Originally posted by Guzzi 2004-07-21
If yer goin' to Lima, better invest in a bullet-proof vest and bring the biggest gun you can find! It's a ROUGH place!
Hey Goose, there in Central Ohio! "bullet-proof vest"..."big gun"..."ROUGH place!" Care to amplify a bit more on this statement for us outlanders, please?

That statement could be made about any city. It's just the sick society we now live. Enjoy the rally.

Both Mapquest and Street Atlas list two Lima's in Ohio. I'm assuming that the correct one is in Allen county. Can anyone confirm this?

Yes - the 05 rally is in Allen County, OH at the Allen County Fairgrounds.

Attachments

• allencogrounds.jpg
    allencogrounds.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 322
Re: Old Guzzis are neat!!

SlashFiveTourer said:
Mark, how about an OLD Guzzi??

Maybe not that old. My fav Guzzi is the 1984 Lemans III. With Euro turn signals, if you can find them!

MarkF

lorazepam said:
I hope beanie the town mascot shows up. Nothing like a 6 foot tall lima bean to liven things up.

I'll say....mix a 6-foot lima bean with all the alcohol I saw in the '04 rally pics and you've got a recipe for TROUBLE!

Not only Cedar Point, there is King's Island to the South/East.
Regardless, Great riding to Ohio, from California. I show 2272 miles to the Rally. See ya:bliss

Rally Site

Lima, Ohio? Does anyone know what are the key attractions for this site?

I would like to see the whole Rally in one location, camping, exhibits and the vendor displays as well as food and beer tent ... It would be great if all were within wlaking distance.

The fairgrounds appear to be quite large, so I wouldn't worry about anything being "off site". The grounds themselves look good in the pictures I've seen, Now as to what else to do while in the area......

RW

Back