• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2005 National- Where is it?

Its hoped that the Superbike race at Mid Ohio will be the same weekend.

Re: Pretty Much So

Braddog said:
It seems that they usually cover the 2nd or 3rd weekend in July, yup.

I just hope it's not the same weekend as Mid-Ohio, having gone there this year I'd go there over MOA for the simple reason that mid-ohio is about Vintage bikes, and that's what really interests me much as I love my Beemers. Being around vintage bikes and riders of any make is more fun for me than just a single brand.

It would be great if they ran on consecutive weekends, then I could do both and spend the time between exploring the great lakes region. After years of riding the mid-east, northern Ohio seems Really Flat! lower part of the state in the Hocking Hills was real pretty though and roads down that way seemed to be in better repair, but having only done a small portion of the state I may have just had the misfortune to ride the worst ones up to mid-ohio!

RM

Mid-Ohio has two events. Vintage last week and Superbike this week.

So has anyone determined if the AMA vintage days, or the AMA Superbike series coincides with the rally dates? How far is Mid Ohio racecourse from Lima?

If, anyone is looking for a great burger, AND absolutely the
best pecan pie, travel south about 30 miles to Sidney Ohio
on I-75 get off at the second exit, follow it downtown to the
SPOT Drive-in

Bullet

If, anyone is looking for a great burger, AND absolutely the
best pecan pie, travel south about 30 miles to Sidney Ohio
on I-75 get off at the second exit, follow it downtown to the
SPOT Drive-in

Bullet

Mid-Ohio is in Dublin, Ohio which is about 78 miles away from
Lima. If, I recall correctly, Dublin is a suburb of Columbus. The
Capitol of Ohio

Bullet

PS: check out the Decker DairyBar when in Lima. It's on old Hwy 25

Bullet said:
Capitol of Ohio

Bullet

Actually it's just outside of Mansfield/Lexington area, about 50 miles north of Columbus about 60-70 miles directly east of Lima. So even if they run the same weekend, it's an easy trip to visit one from the other, and if the superbike races at Mid-Ohio Raceway was on a consecutive weekend either side that would be an outstanding week!:)

RM

rocketman said:
So even if they run the same weekend, it's an easy trip to visit one from the other, and if the superbike races at Mid-Ohio Raceway was on a consecutive weekend either side that would be an outstanding week!:)

RM

Actually, ESPECIALLY if they run the same weekend. Either Vintage or Super-Bike would be OK by me. That would be just about the only situation that could redeem a Lima location for a motorcycle rally :dunno

although, just to throw in a needed curve, at least we know that BMW NA knows how to get their demo fleet within range of the location. :brow

Speaking of Ohio and demo fleets, If I'm not mistaken Honda has a rather large manufacturing plant not all that far from Lima. Perhaps they'd be willing to have a demo fleet at the 2005 rally. Hmmmm

RW

gambrinus said:
Speaking of Ohio and demo fleets, If I'm not mistaken Honda has a rather large manufacturing plant not all that far from Lima.

I went to a non-marque rally in Canada about 4 years ago. There were lots of demos there. The lines were long and the only bike I could get on was a Buell M2 Cyclone. The Honda guys were busy all the time. I'd like to ride a ST1300 and a Gold Wing. I'd also like to ride a new Moto Guzzi, too!

MarkF

jabba said:
So has anyone determined if the AMA vintage days, or the AMA Superbike series coincides with the rally dates? How far is Mid Ohio racecourse from Lima?

Mid-Ohio would be about 80-90 miles from Lima. If yer goin' to Lima, better invest in a bullet-proof vest and bring the biggest gun you can find! It's a ROUGH place!

Bullet said:
Capitol of Ohio

Bullet

PS: check out the Decker DairyBar when in Lima. It's on old Hwy 25

WRONG!!! Mid-Ohio is in Lexington, Ohio, which is about 90 miles north of Dublin. But you were correct when you said Dublin is a suburb of Columbus.

gambrinus said:
Speaking of Ohio and demo fleets, If I'm not mistaken Honda has a rather large manufacturing plant not all that far from Lima. Perhaps they'd be willing to have a demo fleet at the 2005 rally. Hmmmm

RW

it'd be fun/cool to get a tour of the factory too. it's really neat to see how things are made.

that'd also wake up BMWNA. "oh yeah, our hardcore customers are demoing honda bikes and touring the honda factory...AT THE BMW RALLY."

:D

username said:
it'd be fun/cool to get a tour of the factory too. it's really neat to see how things are made.

I would love to visit the Honda factory. I think they only assemble Gold Wings and the Rune there. Is that correct? Are those models sold other than in North America?

MarkF

Back