• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Looking for R90S painter

Ditto and just up the road from Holt is Bob Wark another gold standard. Both advertise in the ON.

Be forewarned - gold standard means $$$$ but the 90S is very demanding to paint and if the shading is not perfect, all is lost.

Motard

H-where are you?Please fill in your profile.I am taking my 05 gs to the local custom bike guy this afternoon.Knowing where you are may get you more guidance..Ed

Very pleased with the work Ray Atwood did on my 84 R100CS Last Edition. Absolutely fabulous paint work and not nearly as expensive as Holt. I constantly get comments on the depth, clarity and quality of this paint.

Ray advertises in ON, as well.

My painer in Belmont, CA has done about 20 bikes for me...all different shades of pearls and shading. Pinstripes by hand.

You walk into his shop and there are always Porsches, Ferraris, a couple REAL exotics like a Formula 1 or original Shelby getting prepped for paint.

He does bikes on the side because he likes them...but cars pay the bills. My '88 KRS with the blue/white pearl combination and double pinstriping was $1,300. The last R80G/S with 10 pieces in a charcol pearl white (you have to see it to believe it) was $700.

Perfect painter and great guys at the shop.

R90S Painter........

David Ford in Coal Grove, Ohio painted the tank on my R90S a few years ago. He has done about 20 or so bikes and a few cars for me. He does the paintwork for the local Harley shop as well. His work is excellent, and his prices are very cheap for the work he does (don't tell anyone, its getting harder to get my stuff in to be done). His phone number is 714-532-0669, give him a call and tell him that the crazy guy with the BMWs sent you. Good luck and happy beemin'....Dewey:dance .

I just wonder what wuld be tha cost to paint a k75?and how much you guys pay to paint your airhads?

R90S painter

Kent Holt WAS the gold standard. He has severe mental and physical issues now. IF, you get your item back, it will take him a year or more to complete. This is not because he is backed logged, it's totally his mental state. If you contact him he will freak out on you. Sorry to report this about a brilliant painter, but he is, no more.

Last edited:
Kent Holt WAS the gold standard. He has severe mental and physical issues now. IF, you get your item back, it will take him a year or more to complete. This is not because he is backed logged, it's totally his mental state. If you contact him he will freak out on you. Sorry to report this about a brilliant painter, but he is, no more.

I am very sorry to hear this. I hate it when the world loses the good ones.

Back