• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

emergency back up all in one tool? very cool!

ultracyclist

I was at a bicycle shop today and I saw this really neat "all in one" emergency back up tool.

Based on a Swiss Army knife concept, this tool has 38 different functions. Screw-drivers, metric wrenches, Allen wrenches, Torxs, and tons more all in a compact shell.

Is there anything like this for motorcycles?

I was at a bicycle shop today and I saw this really neat "all in one" emergency back up tool.

Based on a Swiss Army knife concept, this tool has 38 different functions. Screw-drivers, metric wrenches, Allen wrenches, Torxs, and tons more all in a compact shell.

I dunno, UC, a screwdriver is a screwdriver is a screwdriver. If it works on the bicycle, it'll work on the motorcycle. I've got more multitools than I care to think about and I don't recall which shop any of them came from. :D

Jack of all trades, master of none.

I have a few combination-tools from bicycling that are compact. The problem is, when you try to use them on a motorcycle, they don't reach or won't clear more than 1/4 turn. A bicycle is naked, a motorcycle has more stuff in the way.

Emergency Back Up All In One Tool

Photos Or Name Of Product, Manufacturer Of Product?????????

I bought a couple of "emergency" tools this past fall. I got them from www.advdesigns.com.

This is a heavy duty 1/4" drive ratchet. It comes with 7 sockets, 6 of which store in the handle. The head swivels 90 degrees, so you can use it as a ratcheting screwdriver, too.

yhst-66049453130018_2032_384920

I combined that with this VersaTool, which, if you buy the extra bit pack, comes with a pretty complete set of Torx and allen bits, as well as the usual screwdriver bits.

yhst-66049453130018_2031_6636285

What's really neat is that you can combine these two pieces so that you have all the Torx and allen bits for the ratchet. And they take up next to no space; the VersaTool is 3.25" x 4" and the ratchet is about 8" long. The only thing I've found wanting is a 1/4" extension, to be able to get into some deeper recesses.

I have a few combination-tools from bicycling that are compact. The problem is, when you try to use them on a motorcycle, they don't reach or won't clear more than 1/4 turn. A bicycle is naked, a motorcycle has more stuff in the way.

I agree, my multi-tool for my BMX is very handy but it's the size of a swiss army knife. I think the reach would be extremely limiting.

I'm imagining all my tools in one. Currently wrapped up, it's larger than a brick.

It would be a very cool thing to devise. Like a ratchet kit or any other tool case where the tools clip in the plastic case. Shape it the size to carry on a motorcycle. at least all the tools would be securely fastened in and in one place.

I got a 79 cent open carpenter apron, then i sewn in compartments and added a cover flap. It wraps up nice but I hate having to dig it out.

An all in one would be nice, i have to admit, if possible.

Back