• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

CLC battery question revisited

J

jimeagan

In responses to my first post, regarding a good battery for my 04 CLC,
I was directed to a Odyssey PC680.
New question - will the basic Odyssey fit the CLC battery box.
(they have three different PC680 batteries,
the basic has no metal casing, which I assume is not needed because it is
used where there is a high heat issue)
Since I have to remove the gas tank and a bunch of other items to access the
battery, (thanks BMW) I wanted to have the battery on hand rather than
dismantle the bike and then have to wait for the battery to arrive.
I have the dimensions for the Odyssey battery but I haven't been able to
find the dimensions for the CLC battery box.
Thanks

Jim, check out chromeheads.org. You can probably find the info you're looking for there. I have an '04 CL as well - fortunately, I haven't had to face the battery issue yet!

Cheryl

Many of us chromeheads are using this battery. I think the metal jacket version is for bikes where the battery is more exposed. Ours are very well enclosed and protected.

A few very minor adjustments to the brackets are required. (Flatten them.) No need for the metal jacket model. Great battery!

I have the PC680 in my C and I think the battery box & access are the same as on your CLC. Great battery, I'm getting ready to put one in the RT also.

It's not the brackets you flatten, it's the battery cable terminals, unless you pay extra for the post adapters. It's a matter of "90-degree or flat" for the cable ends. I seem to remember shimming the battery in the compartment, slipping a thin piece of plastic sheet edge-on, down along one side, to keep the battery tight within the compartment, too.

While you're in there, it's easy to change out the air filter, too.

Back