• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Snow tomorrow

Roy.Jackson55@aol.com

You stupid, fix it!
Took my last ride on clear roads. Calling for up to 12" of the white stuff tomorrow. The state and towns are getting ready to lay down some salt and sand. :( Did a quick 20 miles, came back, filled her up with gas and stable, cleaned her up as best I can. Not all bad, as now I can start putting all the new farckles I hope to receive from Santa next week. COME-ON spring time.

Isn't 12 inches, usually your seasonal total? My family live there, while I spent the last 13 years in the White Mtn area of Maine & NH. Enjoy your white Christmas! (BTW, Warwick is where I lived). Will be missing the family this year.

Light snow

Sounds like you are going to get a "dusting." We just had 3 feet over the last day and a half.

Snow

We just got a foot of snow today - 4' high drift in front of the garage.
Come on SPRING!

somewhere up to 20" forecast here this weekend, on top of the 8-10 on the ground...

It's going to be close to 60 degrees here in the Raleigh-Durham area tomorrow. I'm planning a 100+ mile ride. ...Not to rub it in too much.

We moved to North Carolina from Maine last summer. So far I am NOT missing the winter weather. I'm looking forward to being able to ride just about year round. This is the first year I didn't put the bike up for the winter. ('96 R1100RS by the way -- great bike.)

PS: I grew up in Westport, MA and lived in Tiverton, RI for a few years -- nice area.

We have 4 inches on the ground with roads iced over. Expecting another winter front to come through tomorrow night with more snow and wind.

Not totally unusual for the Puget Sound area but defiantly has put a damper on 2 wheel riding for a while.

It's going to be close to 60 degrees here in the Raleigh-Durham area tomorrow. I'm planning a 100+ mile ride. ...Not to rub it in too much.

We moved to North Carolina from Maine last summer. So far I am NOT missing the winter weather. I'm looking forward to being able to ride just about year round. This is the first year I didn't put the bike up for the winter. ('96 R1100RS by the way -- great bike.)

PS: I grew up in Westport, MA and lived in Tiverton, RI for a few years -- nice area.

Are you one of those damn Yankees? :laugh

A Yankee visits the South, finds the food delicious, the women beautiful and the weather most agreeable. The Yankee goes home.

A damn Yankee visits the South, finds the food delicious, the women beautiful and the weather most agreeable. The Damn Yankee stays.

Hi redrider 1100. :wave Yes I agree that this area is nice, except for the taxes. Received a foot of snow today and another storm coming in Sunday. I'm thinking of moving to NC or somewhere in that area when I retire. I finally confinced the wife. Went to the RA rally in Ashville last year and fell in love with the area. Unfortunatily from what I'm reading, the area is really building up fast. Many half backs, yankees who moved to Florida, didn't like it, then moved 1/2 way back. I guess I can start taking the bike apart and start on some of the maintence and install all of the farkles Santa is bringing. Enjoy your ride.

PaulBach -- I guess I do qualify for one of those "damn Yankees". :)
Actually, it was my wife's idea to move south, but now that we're here I like it.

r11rs94 -- It really is a nice area down here, the only thing I don't like is the fact there is a LOT more traffic here than in Maine, but I expected that given the popularity of the area. It seems that everyone in this area is from somewhere else.

As far as the snow goes...
At least you'll have a nice white Christmas. I am having to explain to my 4.5 year old how Santa Claus can land on the roof without snow. I told her it's all about the magic dust...

I went into a store here in South Georgia dripping with sweat and told the young lady behind the counter that I was moving North,..........................
"to enjoy some of that beautiful snow".

The sweet looking, 100 lb girl looked at me like I had lost my mind and said in a loud nasal, Boston draw........"You're out of your (expletive) mind".

Maybe, but to wake up to that fresh cool morning air would seem like heaven to me. Maybe we humans are never happy.

70 +*F here today in Columbus, had shorts and sandals on this morning. It's supposed to drop below freezing again on Sunday night but still great riding weather.
(Do you have a phone number for the "sweet-looking 100lb chick?)

Cheers,
Ian:drink

Kind of hit and miss here in AR. I ride every day I can (yesterday) and was able to fire up the unfaired Hawk for a 100 mile loop after the streets thawed and dried a little. Hope New Years day is nice enough for the trek to Conway.
Lots of deer this time of year (modern gun season) so a slower watchful pace is warranted. Cold asphalt also doesn't grip the same, but thankful to ride all winter--sorry to you Eastern smucks.:p

We rode to meet up with a group of LD Riders group in Marble Falls today...was 82 when we rolled away from lunch. Late tonight the front arrives from northern regions and is supposed to drop us into the twenties by Sunday night...
Thats a temp swing! My garden is freaking out. Sorry for those who can't see their garden:dunno

We rode to meet up with a group of LD Riders group in Marble Falls today...was 82 when we rolled away from lunch. Late tonight the front arrives from northern regions and is supposed to drop us into the twenties by Sunday night...
Thats a temp swing! My garden is freaking out. Sorry for those who can't see their garden:dunno
We are planning a trip down your direction (Fredericksburg) , after the 1st, and I know the riding is great there also. Will have to check the weather site to decide to tow the bike or just make it a honeydo trip. Winter really sucks--especially this on so far.

Just 4" here...

Hey... RS94,

Just S.W. of you, here on L.I..

We got 4" and another 1" on the way.
I feel your pain brotha'.

Sold the 650 but the 1150R's all wintered up,
and dry gas in her tank for the winter, muffler
plugged, bags off, and washed and waxed and
covered for storage in
front of my wife's V70 XC wagon in the garage.
They plowed my streets, and layed down salt
for the upcomming after snow fall. The risk of
slick roads and salt is enough to keep me in.

Maybe when I come up to Narragansett and visit
the guys from Twisted Throttle, you'll see me
swinging by on the way up scenic Rte 1, on the way
to the Cape to go see my parents.

Come on' Springtime!

Keep in touch if Johnson City, TN is in your travels
come next July 2009.

Ride Safe!

Hey... RS94,

Just S.W. of you, here on L.I..

We got 4" and another 1" on the way.
I feel your pain brotha'.

Sold the 650 but the 1150R's all wintered up,
and dry gas in her tank for the winter, muffler
plugged, bags off, and washed and waxed and
covered for storage in
front of my wife's V70 XC wagon in the garage.
They plowed my streets, and layed down salt
for the upcomming after snow fall. The risk of
slick roads and salt is enough to keep me in.

Maybe when I come up to Narragansett and visit
the guys from Twisted Throttle, you'll see me
swinging by on the way up scenic Rte 1, on the way
to the Cape to go see my parents.

Come on' Springtime!

Keep in touch if Johnson City, TN is in your travels
come next July 2009.

Ride Safe!

Thanks for the kind words. Our club does a L.I. ride every other year. I liked the vineyards on the nothern end of the Island. Hopefully we will have an early spring.

Back