• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

First Day Ride! Castle Rock, CO

New Years Day Ride! Castle Rock, CO

First Day Ride to the Rockyard Brewery!
New Years Day, Thursday January 1, 2009
Rockyard Brewery
I-25 & Founders Pkwy (Exit 184)Castle Rock, CO
Great annual event where European Bike Club's from Fort Collins to Trinidad get together to celebrate the begining of a new riding year. Lots of new and old faces will be there. When the weathers good there have been over 100 bikes there but come in the cage if the weathers bad. No need to RSVP, just show up between 11:00am and Noon, the Rockyard has great food and beverage too.:dance

:dance

Last edited:
Looking forward to this one. Got a new fangled electric vest and want to try it out. Hopefully the weather will hold. The run from Colo Springs over Monument Hill can be a challenge this time of the year.

Some of us with the BMW M/C Club of Colorado are planning an impromtu group ride there from Littleton. Click HERE for more info.
Any are welcome to join us!

have a great time, weather sounds to be decent.
i'm on the mend from some shoulder surgery, so no riding until March, maybe. :violin

Best of luck with your shoulder. It's already 41 degrees out here in Denver so it should be a great day to ride. I'll bet we'll have a good crowd there today. I'm taking my camera and will post a pic or two later.:thumb

There is also a poker run Saturday, called the Frozen Monkey ride. This leaves Snozerillie's (406 Main St. Canon City) at noon. (Snozreille's was known as the Royal and also as Rumors in the past) not the same # since new ownership and still Rumors in 2008 phone book. New owners took over last year after ph book was already out. (this is a all brands ride but will be mostly Harleys and other Cruisers)

Nice pics, and a great turnout. Looks like someone there has an R1200CL with a beautiful red paint job. Don't think that red was ever standard. Thanks for posting.

What's the ride book and what's in it?

That beautiful CL belongs to Keren, the Club's excellent newsletter editor. If you notice that is a custom paint color she had done to it.

http://coloradobeemers.smugmug.com/gallery/6981056_tuoct#446804548_EKYUu-L-LB

The Club's Ride Book is a very in demand by members and we look forward to getting it each year:dance . It lists all the rides and events the club does throughout the year. If you keep it in your tank-bag you know just whats going on and when.
And the 2009 version is the best ever!

I am sorry if anyone read my earlier post about poker run in Canon City Saturday. It was canceled, (reasons still unknown) I found out only a half hour before scheduled time.

Back