• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Nebraska to Argentina- Need tires

fritzsampson

Well here I am in San Christobal de las Casas Mexico getting ready to ride to Guatemala next week. I could use some help and suggestions. We are riding 2007 F650GS bikes and need new front tires 100/90-19 dual sport tube type. That size seems to be hard to find here in Mexico. I am afraid Central America will be worse. I have about 2500 km of tread left, but would rather not wait till Columbia

So if anyone has a lead or a suggestion it would be appreciated.

Our blog is www.sampsonsouthbound.blogspot.com feel free to respond to the email address.

Fritz Sampson

It's possible to get tyres in Panama City at the BMW dealers there, however you are in the "season" and tyres sell out fast. Ring ahead.

If you do make Panama City however and are flying into Bogota, I'd wait and get them there. There's a street where you'll have to go to get your license reflective bib in Bogota. While it's being prep'd 45mins, walk round the block. There's a whole street full of bike mechanics, tyre sellers and everything you could want...and it's bloody cheaper than dealership prices.

Enjoy the ride. When in Guatamala can I recommend Santiago Atitlan as a destination. Nominee for a modern wonder of the world. People are amazing. Take a torch though as the electricity fails, often.

Back