• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Help needed from locals

Our Club, the Richmond BMW Riders, started a tradition in VT. of having a "Club Dinner" on Friday evenings of the Rally. Could any Johnson City Locals help with restaurant recomendations? We're looking for a Motorcyclist (not biker) friendly place that could accommodate a party of about 30. Good food at a moderate price, of course.
Thanks for any help.
Mike S.
K1100LT
R65LS
YellowBike - gone but loved and not forgotten.

Hey Mike! :wave

Glad to see you are planning in advance. You reckon you can find a place as far off of the beaten path as where we met near the Wisconsin rally?

Roy F

Thanks Phil,
We'll give Cooties a look see.

Fancy hearing from you Roy, I thought the "Fox and Hounds" was a great place. actually Sue Rihn-Mauke came up with it. I thought Mikey D's should have been the place.

Come on guys - more suggestions will be welcome.

Mike S. :dance

I would suggest Partners BBQ on Bristol Highway (Rt 11 between Johnson City and Bristol)but they stay pretty busy with their regular customers.

This is a place in Johnson City that was recommended to me. Click Here We have eaten there only once many years ago and it was very good. I think it is housed in an old fire station. I don't know if they can accommodate thirty people, but you can call them and ask. As far as I know, they are not affiliated with Firehouse Subs that I see in the southeast.

Don, thanks for the suggestion regarding The Firehouse Restaurant. I will give it a try today and see how it is.

FOLLOWUP: Just got back from the Firehouse Restaurant and it is an excellent moderately price restaurant. The Pork BBQ, baked potato, hashbrown casserole were excellent. The chicken fingers, slaw and BBQ beans were very good. We got there at 5:20PM on this Saturday night and we had to wait 20 minutes in the lobby sitting next to a beautiful 1925 Fire Truck (pumper).

They do not take reservations except they will sometimes do it during the week and usually during the day. However, they said if there is a group, you can let them know ahead and they can sometimes set aside the upstairs for the group.

The prices range in the neighborhood of $9.00-$11.00 for pork, beef or chicken items (BBQ, Chicken fingers, etc) with 2 sides (BBQ beans, baked potato, side salad, steak fries, hashbrown casserole, etc).

Ken

Last edited:
Many Thanks to Phil, Don & Ken:kiss
I'm making you guys honorary members of the RBMWR and you're invited to join us for our dinner wherever it will be:dunno
I'll let you know.
Gee I'm really getting orgainized early.:thumb

Mike S.

Back