• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW Comfort Shell gear

J

jimeagan

Does anyone have riding experience with the BMW Comfort Shell jacket and pant?
Other than - they are pricey. In search for the perfect all weather, all year,
jacket / pant combo, if it exists. Not into one pc suits. Don't like to carry multiple
jackets/pants on longer trips where temps may vary a lot. The heated liner takes
up enough space as is.
I know the Comfort Shell is advertised as a three season jacket, but I use heated
jacket liner and gloves when needed and figure they will work with a lighter
weight shell.

bmw comfort shell

got my comfort shell in march when I bought my r1200rt. I wear it every time I ride.
After 15,000 miles I can say it's well worth the money. Rode 200 miles in the rain
and stayed warm and dry. For me it's comfortable up to 95 degrees. I can wear
just a t-shirt under the jacket down to 50 degrees. In the low 30's with an electric vest, light fleece jacket and long underwear for the pants I stay warm.
Good investment for the long haul.

+1 on the comfort shell.... I have the jacket and considering the pants... love it!

I have used a First Gear Kil 2 and HT overpants (about 50K). I then used an Aerostich Darien top and bottom and I now ride in a Comfort Shell top and bottom for the last year and 35K. I like the Comfort Shell the best by far. For me, it is a better fit, more comfortable and has stayed dry in a few thousand miles of insane amounts of rain. I think it also covers the widest range of temperature in comfort. Hated the price, love the suit.

By the way, I believe the reason BMW calls it a 3 season suit is that it has no removable thermal liner. Makes no difference to me as I use a Gerbing anyway. :thumb

thanks for all the feedback

I don't care for the price either, but if it replaces multiple sets of gear trhen
it seems worthwhile.
Thanks again
Jim

Back