OK so this will run from today Wed. Dec 10 to Midnight Sunday Jan 3 2009
You know the rules but here they are anyway for those new to this...
- Photos must be shot fresh shot during the assignment period
- You must provide the EXIF information if asked (we'll help you, if you'd like to know how to get it).
- No photoshop alteration (we're looking to improve your skills with your camera, not software). But I will allow for some cropping since many will be taking night shots and its often hard to see the whole image in the viewfinder.
- Your photograph must adhere to the theme, which will be described below.
- Post only one photo per post, so that commentary can be easily provided for that photo. You may post more than one photo, but try to keep it to a handful.
- Title your photo. Do it.
- Post your photos in this thread only. Do not start a thread in reply to this assignment. Please post your photos no later than the following Friday Jan 9 2009, that way I'll have the weekend to review and make my selection.
- Please keep the Width to 800 pixels so that everyone can enjoy your shots without scrolling the screen, height can be greater. If you need help sizing your image just let me know.
- And, the most important rule: have fun! We're looking to spread the joy that many of us derive from taking pictures, particularly ones that tell a story of some kind.
To post photos for commentary or to show us multiple try's before choosing one to enter post them here
The Theme: Holiday Lights and Images of the Season. This could be one of your bike in front of a display, just a display could be inside as well as outside. A tree all decked out or a simple arrangement of ornaments or other festive holiday images. Try to be creative, while shots of family at dinner are fine, look for something more personal that makes the shot unique, the bright smile of a young one tearing into the really BIG present under the tree, or them setting out that plate of goodies for Santa, a special moment between friends by a bright fire....you get the idea. Take lots of shots, try different angles, lighting etc.
At the end of the assignment I'll choose some of the best (well the ones that touched me the most anyway) and then maybe we can all vote from those for a winner. And what will the winner get, you ask? Why the envy and admiration of all the participants! How about them Apples?