• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Dang another Rainfest

LORAZEPAM

leave my monkey alone
We had a lunch at the gatoraide station, and the rain finally stopped. We had riders meeting and were separated into groups for the afternoon we would have riding. Cliff and I had an instructor to ourselves. If you would like a description of how one of the Sportbike Tracktime sessions go, then check out Midwest track day in the clubhouse.

Grattan is a challenging course with a bit of elevation combined with an off camber left hander, and a bus stop that will frustrate you every lap. One thing that Cliff and I discovered was we could not shake the tendancy to decelerate for blind curves. If you ride without doing that where we live, you can run into any number of things.

A line never really developed, it was just too slick and cool on the track. We were treated to several crashes during the course of the day.

Overall, I would have to rate the day at Gingerman above the day at Grattan. It comes down to better weather, better food, and a better instructor. I still had fun, and pushed the bike as hard as weather permitted. I gained some confidence in the wet, and got to work on line changes at speed, some of them even on purpose.

Attachments

• cliffy-me-in-turn.jpg
    cliffy-me-in-turn.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 64
Back