• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Texas road website

A nice addition to any ride planning in Central TX is this map:

http://www.texasmapstore.com/South_Central_Texas_map_p/texas02.htm

It has not had a major update since 1999,but, has all the great backroads. Have ridden a LOT of these and constantly try a different one. It does not show any of the new tollroads around Austin and some of the 1604 loop around San Antonio...but the old county roads and ranch roads are all there...there are a few that go from pavement to gravel for short sections...but that is part of the adventure. I have given marked up copies away to several visitors..some got mailed back with a thank you! Cost is around $5 at some local bike shops or a few online sources as above.
It misses the western leg of the fabled Three Sisters near Leakey and stops north of Menard over to Cameron but anything west of Austin is in the Hill Country and worth a checkout

I use "The Roads of Texas", a map book published by Mapsco, and available on their website and in any Mapsco store. Fantastic, has even the tiniest FMs and RRs.

The Roads of Texas

I use "The Roads of Texas", a map book published by Mapsco, and available on their website and in any Mapsco store. Fantastic, has even the tiniest FMs and RRs.

+1 on The Roads of Texas -- that's where I go to plan my Texas rides. I bought a 2nd copy so that I could tear out the pages and keep them handy while riding - I just bring along the pages I need.

Roads of Texas

Buy far the very best map of Texas ,I have been using them since they came out, on my 5th or 6th copy now.

FWIW, I ordered a copy today online and there was no shipping...

I think I may be spending a lot time in '09 on the right side of the Red River... :)

Back