• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Missouri riders

crazydrummerdude

advrider.com
Check in here!

I live in Rolla during the school year and Saint Charles (suburb of Saint Louis) the rest of the time. I'm always riding and looking for people to work on projects with.

What about you?

Drummer Dude

Hay.... Had an old friend who use to live in Rolla did alot of riding down there nice area great roads and lots of floating down the Current beautiful area! :wave

Nathan, we used to live at the Lake Of The Ozarks which isn't too far from you. We moved to Florida in the early 70's and then moved to Tennessee in 78. I rode a Norton when we lived at the Lake and didn't but my first BMW until 77. We try to get up there once or twice a year to visit family and old friends.

SW Missouri

I'm checking in from extreme SW Missouri in Joplin. I can almost claim three other states, as my house is (as the crow flies) 5 miles from Kansas, 7 miles from Oklahoma, and 41 miles from Arkansas.
We have a nice variety of terrain to choose from here at the interface between the Kansas prairie and the Ozarks. Mild winters, too

The office where I work is located on historic Route 66.

Red 5 standing by...

Hey Nathan... St. Louis here. Looking at a quite possible 60?? F Sunday here. Nice for December in the home of the '06 WS Champions. And the home of the MOA- lest I forget!

John

Another check in from Joplin Mo. If you see the Blue R1150rs with the bright green jacket, wave.
Rod

I'll watch for you. I usually am either riding my Red Airhead GS with Jesse panniers
or a Black Ural Sidecar rig. I also have a '99 Black and White Cop Bike R1100RTP and an '88 K100 which I am currently in the process of getting re-painted from the ugly Brown stock color.

... St. Louis here. Looking at a quite possible 60?? F Sunday here. Nice for December...

Yes, and Saturday doesn't look half bad, either. I think i'll ride out to Dave Clark's place to deliver club newsletters, and I may go to Gateway BMW, too, if I have time.

I lived in Cape Girardeau from 96 through 01. I live in Memphis now, but still prefer to ride in the triangle that is formed by I44, 67 & the border of AR.

My old purple GS got 90% of its miles within that triangle.

Last year I made less trips into MO and started riding NW AR. There seem to be alot more bikes and police in this area, but the roads might be a touch better. I guess it's a trade off.

I have been in the swampland of Memphis for 7 years and 2 days. No matter how you slice it good roads are at least 100 miles away.

St Louis Area

I have to work tomorrow and I hear rain is coming in om Sunday..
I am planning on taking the bike to work (I sell surgical products and have to be at St Anthony's) then riding from there.. You never know this time of year what the weather will bring.

I road in NW Ark this fall. Great roads & off road riding there. I'm going back..

I drive from Springfield, IL to Dallas TX right by Rolla 3 or 4 times a year. We sometimes stop and eat and one of your restaurants. Seems like an OK town.

Only in Missouri

The temperature here (Sunday Dec 14) was 70 degrees F at 3:00 PM. It is now 7:45 PM and the temperature is currently 24 degrees F. Earlier, it dropped 25 degrees in 30 minutes.

I was riding back from looking at the clean up in Picher, OK. It went from nice to pull over and put on my winter stuff in 1/4 mile, I have never seen one that intense. I was real glad I had the good gloves and liner for my jacket, it would have been a really unpleasant ride home otherwise.

Now we are having a thunder sleet storm. Guess riding tomorrow is out.

Sure am glad I got in about 150 miles today. It will have to last.

Rod

Rode about 200 miles south and west of St. Louis before the cold hit this past weekend. You have many great roads to choose in the area. I second the Gateway Riders club. Unfortunately, most of the rides are on Sunday mornings and it is tough for me to make it. Great bunch to ride with and easy to fit with as well.

weather.com says it'll be 60 degrees on Friday and 61 on Saturday? That's gotta be a typo.

Not a typo....that's Missouri! It's supposed to be 65 here in SW Mo on Friday. I got up early this AM (about 0530) and went for a walk. The temp was 44 degrees. Now, at 12:55 PM it is 26 degrees.. go figure...

worked up a sweat

Nice ride today. I worked the curves a bit considering they are sandy muddy dirty rotten leaf covered at random intervals Usually double suggested speed limit +-10 depending on sight lines and wind, wind was strong. I was sweating a bit, I had the liner in but liner unzipped, Olympia jacket zipped. One little slide on nasty mud on pavement in middle of turn. Pretty good for Dec. Must be close to 70 degrees. Felt real good to be out on 2 wheels. Did some gravel roads, they are soft but not bad at all, 30 to 45 MPH on street tires on an R1150RS, nothing at all scary. Some of the soft rutted sections (thaw after a hard freeze) were entertaining, but easy on the bars, weight on the pegs and let her find her way thru no issue. Of course that was at 30, you with knobbies on a thumper would have been going WFO. But hey, do you not have all the pretty body work and picking yours up is a bit easier. Always a nice adventure taking inappropriate equipment into muddy rutted roads though. Saw a nice 8pt buck, about 200 turkeys, and one really healthy looking red fox.

I now have a nice fresh tank of gas, for when I ride again.

Rod

Riding Today (Happy New Years!!)

It's supposed to reach the 40s later today.. I'm going to try and meet up with the Gateway BMW Riders this am.. I have only been out one other time when it was in the 20s.. I was not really comfortable, but its a ride..

36th Annual Missouri State BMW Rally

Anyone know the particulars of the Missouri Rally ? That is when and where or if there is a 2009 event? Thanks R&R

Back