• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Ontario ...

Snowing in Richmond Hill as well .... However the January bike show should shorten
the anticipation of Spring.

Cold

Snow and cold here too. Never thought of this area as midwest! Have-not province and in the midwest, eh. We need to really change the way we see ourselves.

Anyone else going to the MMIC show this weekend? I'll be there Sat. pm.

Holly

The MMIC show (Motorcycle Moped Industry Council) show is being held Friday December 12 through Sunday December 14 at the the Metro Toronto Convention Center, in Toronto Ontario.

The Canadian Vintage Motorcycle Museum will have a booth at the show, where we will be tickets for a fund raising raffle.

The first and second prizes respectively are;

1) 1975 R90/6 BMW

2) 1981 Honda CX500C

Tickets are $5 each, drop by the booth , say hello and support the museum's activities.

Show hours are 10 through 21:00 Friday and Saturday, 10 through 17:00 Sunday.

Rod Sheridan
CVMM Chairman

Anyone else delay preparing the bike for the winter? :banghead Was hoping for a few nice days to take the bike out for the pre-winter ride in December. This to warm up the bike to change fluids, etc. Now will have to do it in the cold:violin

Just checking in....
Snowing a ton right now (forecast was for flurries.....)

.... brag while we can: 50 degrees F and no snow here in Halifax ... again:dance
Likely change soon but for now no ice, bikes on the road, no snow, bikes on the road, somewhat balmy for here and, did I mention, bikes on the road:nyah -Bob
(no 'bike on the road' due to repairs aplenty:cry)

Anyone else delay preparing the bike for the winter? :banghead Was hoping for a few nice days to take the bike out for the pre-winter ride in December. This to warm up the bike to change fluids, etc. Now will have to do it in the cold:violin

Me too. I really thought that there were a few more weeks of riding. :bluduh

Who's Bright Idea was it that Ontario is in "The Midwest"?

Most of Ontario's waters flow to the Atlantic or Arctic drainage.

PT9766

Been away from the forums for a while, new job etc., and I would have to agree as to why the F*** Ontario got lumped in to "Midwest". There is no midwest in Canada. Ontario is East. Who decided we were midwest???

I guess out here in Alexandria, ( east of Maxville, south of the 'Senators'...), that puts us in the 'Eastern region of the Mid-West'...or whatever. Does it really matter :scratch ?
My brother lives in Early Iowa so at least we are in the same region, just a 3 SOLID day drive west...:dunno

Jim

PT9766

Yea, why is there not a CANADA forum. Nothing against our neighbors to the South, you guys and gals have some great riding roads but there should be enough Canukleheads on this site to warrant our own section eh. How aboot it?:ca

PT9766

I also think Midwest is a poor choice. Central seems more appropriate. I know that Ontario does not want to be identified with the West..... and it doesn't want to be identified with Quebec either..... and I really know, even though we share the same waters, that Ontario does not want to be identified with Atlantic Canada aka The East. So, Central certainly seems much more suitable than ..... say, 'Upper Canada' :whistle - Bob

I'm at the west edge of the longest street in the world ( Yonge St. ):thumb ,according to the Guiness book of records,Rainy River is further west than Minneapolis,I definetly consider myself to be in the midwest...

I also think Midwest is a poor choice. Central seems more appropriate. I know that Ontario does not want to be identified with the West..... and it doesn't want to be identified with Quebec either..... and I really know, even though we share the same waters, that Ontario does not want to be identified with Atlantic Canada aka The East. So, Central certainly seems much more suitable than ..... say, 'Upper Canada' :whistle - Bob

Given that Toronto is the undisputed economic engine of the country and the self-proclaimed (perhaps a bit tongue in cheek) centre of the universe, that should give some geographic and gravitational pull to swing all of Ontario back into the East.

That said, let's be very clear on this though, Eastern Canada in the colloquial sense is definitely the Maritimes.

Basing the location on population density on the province, with no offense intended to our northern provincial members, we should be Central. How do we get this changed! Also, we finally got the Leafs moved out of the Western Division to the East, we need to move the rest of us to the east... :D

Last edited:
Given that Toronto is the undisputed economic engine of the country and the self-proclaimed (perhaps a bit tongue in cheek) centre of the universe, that should give some geographic and gravitational pull to swing all of Ontario back into the East.

That said, let's be very clear on this though, Eastern Canada in the colloquial sense is definitely the Maritimes.

ah.... but therein lies the exclusion of the beautiful Province of Newfoundland/Labrador. They are in Atlantic Canada not the Maritimes which consists of New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia. Ontario is Central and we are East. Not sure what to call La Belle Province in this designation.

Ok, so now who is going to straighten this whole thing out? I think that maybe the U.S. can call itself whatever it wants but crossing the border should, so I think, include membership in that part of North America in the definition process. After all this is not the BMW Owners of the United States :brow . -Bob

ah.... but therein lies the exclusion of the beautiful Province of Newfoundland/Labrador. They are in Atlantic Canada not the Maritimes which consists of New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia. Ontario is Central and we are East. Not sure what to call La Belle Province in this designation.

Point taken, although NFLD was included in my intent. Thanks.

As an aside, when I used to live in Vancouver I could only laugh when watching the local TV station (the local version of CTV) give the "National" weather. Several times I noticed it went something like this for the National weather forecast:

"well it looks like BC will have another week of rain so get out your umbrellas. The Prairies will be enjoying unseasonably warm and sunny weather this week. Ontario will have a mix of sun and cloud. Qu?®bec will start out sunny be some of the Ontario cloud cover will catch up by the end of the week. And that's the National weather. And, now, on to International news."

Notice anything missing?

Back