• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Name these exotics please?

henzilla

not so retired
Staff member

There is a large development across the highway from me with these big boys everywhere, used to be a hunting ranch I believe ...I thought they were Impalas,which are also in this area. I saw two herds of these today, a herd of Elk and some Black Bucks...along with Longhorn cattle which are common on several ranch roads near us...but not these! Larger than a whitetail deer and a lot tamer!

Paul & Voni G are coming tomorrow...gonna take them for a little ride by these!

Attachments

• P1010030.jpg
    P1010030.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 244
I'm thinking Oryx - a desert dwelling antelope of Africa.

Oryx generally have straighter horns, but living things are variable, and as this is probably in a game park, there is no telling what other antelope they might be hybridized with. Still they are handsome and formidable.

name this !!!!

these are more dangerous !!!

421652389_sydqC-L.jpg

I'll peak at an Oryx on Google...These will almost let you drive right up to them...

And Ruben...I'll take your word on that!:lol :lol If I was seen with those,Helen would "hurt me":brow

I'm thinking Oryx - a desert dwelling antelope of Africa.

Oryx generally have straighter horns, but living things are variable, and as this is probably in a game park, there is no telling what other antelope they might be hybridized with. Still they are handsome and formidable.

You were correct sir!

Interesting...
Scimitar-horned Oryx
This desert antelope's horns grow to be several feet long. Extinct in the wild, zoo populations of this species are thriving because of cooperation between North American and European zoos.

They are thriving in the Texas Hill Country also...easily 100 in this preserve/subdivision

exotics

Perhaps these are the ones that they are trying to keep from becoming extinct in the Saudi Arabia area?

P.S. Nope: see post below

Last edited:
"edecanes"

is the proper name in Spanish.
(HOSTESSES) ... you can see them in most of the motorcycle and car exhibitions.

Last edited:
I hope the intent of bringing those and other exotics to the ranch across from me was for conservatorship...several were for managed paid hunting excursions if you look at other websites way down the google list. Some still are in Texas and Oklahoma. Not that there is anything wrong with it...just a little too easy with high fencing and feeders aplenty...not my thing...I shoot pictures.

When we bought the house in March, the walls were covered in trophys ( not my word) and one was an Oryx...I was astonished to find out the owner worked for the site development company for that project...because I now know where he got it,along with one of these Elk type that are also roaming freely. The Oryx and other species are very trusting of visitors and are slow to interpret any danger. They are building a house on the main road and a herd was standing less than a hundred yards from all the comotion of air compressors and framing guns.

ANYWAYS..off my soapbox...they are truly beautiful creatures...I got close enough with my point and shoot I could hear this guy huffing at me...then I backed away S-L-O-W-L-Y

Attachments

• P1010056.jpg
    P1010056.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 117
The early morning ride you took us on through this wildlife area was amazing. We had herds of many different of these exotics cross the road in front of our winding five bikes.

I felt like an exotic animal myself in line with my peers!

:dance :dance :dance :dance :dance

It almost felt choreographed. "OK. Cue the Oryx. Now the impala. Next . . ." No pictures then because it was too beautiful an experience to fall out of the line.

Thanks for a truly unforgettable experience.

Voni
sMiling still

Back