• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

k1300 s and r

roadcrave

PRAY BEFORE RIDING
How many bmw folks out there are waiting for the k1300s and r to show up, and how many are ready to order a new one when they are available???

Alternate question

Sorry to steer this thread in another direction, but what is this new two-stage driveshaft that is on these new models?

It's alive

The Tri-color premium K1300S came in at the shop last week. Looking to pick up in a few weeks when all the accessories can be installed, the weather improves, and the salt is washed off the roads.
Getting very anxious.

The Tri-color premium K1300S came in at the shop last week. Looking to pick up in a few weeks when all the accessories can be installed, the weather improves, and the salt is washed off the roads.
Getting very anxious.

Post some pics after you get it

I'm thinking about moving up to the K1300S or K1300R next spring. Haven't decided which one...

No R coming to US, I asked the dealer if he ordered any R's and he said that K1300R & K800R are only european models and are not destined for US.

Here is the bike being prepped.

I still can't quite get over the graphics where the fairing "flows" into the tank. It's clever, but I must be too conservative. I wonder what it would look like to replace the white/red tank sides with the '05-'06 grey panels.

It does seem a little busy, but I do like the way it makes the tank look smaller by the blending.
The granite grey looks black but in the sunlight it has small metal flake in it. Awesome.
I did add my initials and MOA number to the right side after the BMW roundel.

It does seem a little busy, but I do like the way it makes the tank look smaller by the blending.
The granite grey looks black but in the sunlight it has small metal flake in it. Awesome.
I did add my initials and MOA number to the right side after the BMW roundel.

It's growing on me...usually the graphics are the collectors' bikes in the future.
Actually the Granite Grey is the background under the fairing graphics and the color of the '05 and '06 bikes. The black on the tank is Saphire Black. I don't think there were ever any factory painted plain Saphire Black tank panels. But they have used that metal flake black before...somewhere. Granite Grey tank panels would match the fairing paint. I thought that's what I would do...but since they had such a hard time keeping them running (until now), I didn't buy one. And now the dealer here closed. So maybe wait for a straight black one like I have now in the '08 that we have.

Back