• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Y'all be careful out there

JetDoc

The following was clipped from a local Spokane TV station's web site...

Spokane Woman Dies After Motorcycle Crash In Montana

KHQ-TVJuly 4 - Authorities in Great Falls, Montana, have released the name of a 56-year-old Spokane woman who died after a motorcycle crash yesterday.

The Cascade County coroner's office says Vicki Haynes died yesterday evening at a Great Falls hospital. Great Falls police say a van changed lanes and clipped the motorcycle Haynes was riding on with her husband yesterday morning.

Greg Haynes lost control of the 742-pound bike, which bounced and landed on top of his wife.She died of severe head and body injuries.

MT Senator Max Baucus was injured this holiday weekend, while riding to a family party (probably to the family ranch in Lincoln, exhome of the Unabomber). Max was riding his Screamin' Eagle HD over Flesher Pass, one of the best motorcycle routes from Helena to Missoula, and ran a little wide due to gravel, then swerved to miss a car and hit the guardrail. He was still in the hospital yesterday.

Dress for the Crash, not the ride

Yup, with all the long distance rides and the hot weather everyone be careful. Also to quote KBasa, "All the Gear, All the Time!"

Remember stay hydrated, your best piece of protection is your brain, make sure to keep it in working order.

Watch for DEER!

Take it from a local, there are lot's of deer in the Spokane area and I have seen numerous hit carcasses alongside the road about 30 miles from Spokane if you are coming from the West/Seattle on I-90. I like to ride South of Spokane thru the Hangman Valley (named for the infamous hanging of several Indians by General George Wright, and where the treaty was signed ending all Indian warfare in the Pacific Northwest) and the gorgeous wheat fields of the Palouse. Tons of deer jumping out all over. So go slow approaching Spokane from the West and on excursions South of town.
As a lifetime resident of Spokane and brand-new BMWMOA member feel free to e-mail me any specific questions you have about the city or area at Towervu@comcast.net. Here's some more Spokane trivia: Did you know that in 1974 Spokane hosted the World's Fair, EXPO '74? That was a huge feat for a city this size. Here's another: Beaudry Motorsports is only about a 20-30 minute ride across the Idaho border from the site of the rally. They boast they are the largest motorcycle shop in the Pacific Northwest and carry BMW, Aprilia, Ducati, Augusta/MV, Cagiva, KTM, Moto Guzzi, Benelli, Husqvarna, Husaberg, and Suzuki. (no, I don't work for them, but it's a great place to see a lot of cool bikes and get service for your bike) See you all soon!

Back