• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

So You Served!!

USN(Ret)

1965-1992. E-1 to CWO3. Flew with VQ2 from 1972 to 1977. Also rode 25 surface ships, and 2 submarines (TAD and PCS). Now am a CW4 in State Guard unit.

All Army

Active duty Sep 81 to Sep 85, Fort Bragg. Went some other places.
Army Reserve July 87 to present. Activated a couple of times, deployed once.
Mandatory retirement in May 09.
Current Army civilian employee, career logistician.

USN Jan 69 to Feb 79, Air Traffic Control in the Nav we were AC's. USS FDR CVA42 69-71,NAS Cecil Field 71-76,NAS Cubi Pt. Philippines 77-79.

US Navy (Active) from 24 May 1990 through 23 May 1996.

Electronics Technician and Reactor Operator (effin' nuke), USS Pasadena (SSN752).

Our old CMC used to say...
There ain't no slack in a Fast Attack
There ain't no pride in a Boomer Ride

Further:
USNR December 1996 through May 2001.
I now work for a defense contractor in Colorado.

That said, I am grateful to all who have served and who continue to serve.
Thank you!
:usa

Still serving in the Army. Enlisted in 1987 as a Korean linguist (E1 to CW3) and plan on a dozen more (until my daughters are out of college or married, whichever comes first). Deployed to Iraq (heading out again next month) twice, Africa, Panama, Korea. No regrets.

Thanks to those who continue to enlist in our military in a time of war. Not too sure if I would've had to guts to do that now.

Army Reserves 1975 to 2000 for 24 years. When I started I thought I'd do my minimum time and get out. I had a variety of jobs from Plt Ldr, Company Commander and lots of staff puke assignments. Tried to get back in after 9/11 and was politely told no.

LEO from 76 through March 94. Almost 18 full years but a college kid in his daddy's Mustang ended that career. Most of me works fine but I had to retire as I wasn't capable of street duty any more.

Now I am part of the Patriot Guard to support when and where I can.

Usmc

USMC/1960 to 1964, 0351 Infantry
USMCR 1973/1994, 5811, Military Police, ret'd, not by choice, but age limits

My USMC years were the highlight of my life. I have never worked with a better bunch of patriots.

Michigan State Police, 1966/retired 1990.

U.S.Navy Seabees '72 to "76. My lottery number was #2 in 1969. Spent a little time in school before enlisting. N.S. Guantanamo Public Works Engrg Dept "72 to '73. NMCB-74 'till '76, S-3 Engrg Dept. Made deployments to Guam and Rota, Spain. We had a Marine Gunnery Sgt. attached to battalion to try and teach us things military. Usually futile effort if you know anything about Seabees.

Thanks to all who have served and are serving including my future son-in-law Marine Corps Sgt, veteran three Iraq tours.

army

served 2 years active duty.13/dec/61--12/dec/63.engineers and signal corp.many lasting memories.so many young faces.

US Army 68-70 (tank battalion, Germany)
US Coast Guard 73-95 (electronics, crypto)
(CGC Gallatin 74-76, CGC Munro 76-79, and a bunch of other stations)

424570583_dK6je-S.jpg
424570641_rgtTS-S.jpg
424572955_oe3LR-S.jpg

Well I still am serving proudly for our country. I was at 17 years as of yesterday. I have done all kinds of stuff over the last 17 years. My time has all been National Guard but I have been deployed 3 times so far. Bosnia, Iraq and of course beautiful Iraq again ( leaving in 13 days). I have been in several Intel and SF positions. The most fun I ever had was working with The Macedonian Special Forces in 2004, those guys are great!

Kelly

US Navy 78-84 OT (Argentia NFLD, Keflavik Iceland, Centerville Beach, CA)
US Army 86-00 Signal (Ft Hood TX, Darmstadt GE, Ft Gordon, GA)
DOD Contractor since 2000

USN 73 - 76 USS Columbus CG-12 / USS Independence CV-62

USNR 77 - 00 HCU-2 / MDSU-2 Deep Sea Diving units

Retired as a BMC(DV) Navy Deepsea Diver 1st class

Un-Retired and joined

Rhode Island Army National Guard 02-04 115th Military Police / 1 year Iraq

Re-Retired as a SFC.

Attachments

• subdv.gif
    subdv.gif
    30.9 KB · Views: 387
Last edited:
USN 73 to 77.

USS Mars out of Sasebo for 2 years. USS Point Defiance out of San Diego for a year with an additional Westpac.

My new Marine graduates Boot Camp tomorrow.

ry%3D400

Air Force. 14 years active duty followed by 8 years in reserves. Retired with 22 years. Last duty was call-up for Desert Storm. When I was called back to active duty for Desert Storm, I was notified on a Sunday to report by the following weekend. I had less than a week to close out my solo private practice before reporting. I joined during Viet Nam when my draft board called and warned me that I would be drafted within a week if I wasn't already in something. I was in my second year of medical school. The Air Force allowed me to finish school and my residency before I had to report. Was in the medical corps and retired as a Lt. Col. I don't regret a minute of it.

U.S. Coast Guard. 13 years, one month and 24 days. Not that I was counting....
Highlights: Cutter Jarvis, boarding Russian ships in the Bering Sea. Exxon Valdez.
"Sir, the FAA has closed that airspace. I can't legally enter unless you order me to."
"OK. I order you to enter."

USAF May 12 1970-15 Mar 1974
SAC. Bombing and Navigational Sys Mech on B-52. Missile Electronic EQUIPMENT Repairman. On AGM-69A {SRAM}Missile

Feb/1964 -1990(off & on)-US Army active and NG-Helo. mech, Signal Officer , Maintenance NCO. Dad,5 uncles in WWII(one lost @ Pearl Harbor), grandfather & others in WWI, one son an active duty Marine pilot now-Pensacola/10 years & 4 tours Iraq,another son Navy nuclear officer and 2 tours Iraq.I am proud to learn of all from BMWMOA that have served! Shows the kind of group we are a part of...:thumb

USAF 1972-1976. I was a medical laboratory technician (90470).
Served at Sheppard AFB for training, Scott AFB (Belleville, Il) for 9 months during the return of the POWs from Vietnam, then 3 years at RAF Upper Heyford, Oxfordshire, England (Home of the F-111 aardvark fighter/bombers) which is now closed.

http://www.raf-upper-heyford.org/

Back