• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Photo Assignment: Weekend 11/29/08 Thanksgiving Special II

G

grossjohann

So it's been a while since we had a photo assignment, so I thought I'd bring back an old favorite. Since Tom presented it so well last year, I'll let him explain it once again:

Thanksgiving is here and it's time for families to gather, and you know what happens when families gather. What we need are a few rules. With slight modifications, here they are:

• Photos must be shot this Thanksgiving weekend: Thu, Fri, Sat, or Sun.
  • You must provide the EXIF information if asked (we'll help you, if you'd like to know how to get it).
  • No photoshop alteration (we're looking to improve your skills with your camera, not software).
  • Your photograph must adhere to the theme, which will be described below.
  • Post only one photo per post, so that commentary can be easily provided for that photo. You may post more than one photo, but try to keep it to a handful.
  • Title your photo. Do it.
  • Post your photos in this thread only. Do not start a thread in reply to this assignment. Please post your photos no later than next Wednesday.
  • And, the most important rule: have fun! We're looking to spread the joy that many of us derive from taking pictures, particularly ones that tell a story of some kind.

This week's theme: "Gratitude"

It's Thanksgiving. For what--or for whom--are you grateful? Tell us in a picture.

In last week's theme there arose a discussion about the joys and challenges of photographing people, specifically portraits. So for this week's theme, I invite you to try your hand at a portrait. Now, you don't have to. If you're grateful for that new F800 and want to photograph it, by all means do. But aren't you grateful for your mom? Your brother? Your riding buddy? Give it a whirl if you'd like and teach us something in the process.

Burnzilla directed us to a cool portrait site: http://www.365portraits.com/. Here you will find a multitude of inspiring examples.

Here are a couple of others I quickly culled from a google search:

Photonet

Kodak

Picture Correct

So that's it. Bake your pies and clean your house today, because tomorrow you've got to take pictures.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

Oh--BTW--I'm very grateful for these photo assignment threads.

Gratitude

Grateful the Pilgrims Didn't have ....... Goats!

Attachments

• Thankful.JPG
    Thankful.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 139
Grateful that we have friends . . .

DSCF4481.jpg

Voni
sMiling

Thankful for another fantastic year with my riding partner and best friend
there's pie in the topcase!

Attachments

• P1010004.jpg
    P1010004.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 118
Thanksgiving ANARCHY

Wouldn't it be fun if we could post pictures anonymously, only to have the "players" revealed after the weekend was over?

That'd be fun!

That would be fun. I suppose if it isn't technically possible via the forum software, perhaps each week a different participant could volunteer to receive submissions via e-mail, then post all the pics in a post or posts?

One year later ... I gratefully volunteer.

Let's do a test run even though it's already started (The Glaves compound was a dead give away anyway :brow :wave) and I'll post for anyone who wants to add submissions anonymously.

Gratitude

Grateful for a good, old-fashined root beer stand (Ardy & Ed's) in warm, sunny Oshberg.

Grateful for the probable final ride of the season (Thanksgiving Day.)

Grateful for sharing this with other Beemer fanatics. (Not one Harley seen that day.)

Looking forward to a nice ride and an ice-cold root beer, next year.

Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas to all!

Attachments

• ArdyEds.jpg
    ArdyEds.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 72
as much as I love my bike, I'm also grateful to have my Jeep :clap

thanksgiving day wheeling

425687606_7zBMk-XL.jpg

Back