• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Riding with a lab mix??

indycar

Indy Dave
Been searching the 'net for a while looking for a decent sized dog carrier, without luck

Just wondering if anyone has seen folks riding with a decent sized dog - like 70 -80 lbs? Or know anyone who has made a rig to tote Fido around?

Thx

My lab liked the Flexit sidecar I used to have, but she is a purebred,:jester

Attachments

• flexit.jpg
    flexit.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 799
Back around 1970 I rode after taking a lab mix. Was pretty scary, but the colors were very vivid. I don't really recommend it. I think. It's all sort of vague.

Saw this at the Gillette rally...

Don't know the owner, however. If you proceed, you might want to be mindful of hearing loss (the dog), but i don't know if there is such a thing as doggie earplugs. I have a friend who rides with his dog (on the back of his GS, on a carpet- never fallen off), and the dog loves it, but it's hearing has suffered some.

IMG_0837.jpg

I always thought Labs, though docile, were smart enough to ride their own bikes?

Well, you have to remember she's a MIX! Me thinks she has had thoughts of driving 4 wheel (cuz she has 4 legs?)vehicles around, as she will often sit in the drivers seat and watch for my return. If only she could reach the pedals .. .. ..
markgoodrich said:
Back around 1970 I rode after taking a lab mix. Was pretty scary, but the colors were very vivid. I don't really recommend it. I think. It's all sort of vague.

I remember those days - sorta. Must have been a bad mix if you didn't go back for more . . .

Well, you have to remember she's a MIX! Me thinks she has had thoughts of driving 4 wheel (cuz she has 4 legs?)vehicles around, as she will often sit in the drivers seat and watch for my return. If only she could reach the pedals .. .. ..

Keep an eye on your keys......

Phffffft

It is amazing how animals insert themselves into our lives.

I suspect most of us ride in our helmets and protective gear and I suspect as well most of us believe it might be inappropriate to take a infant or toddler out for a spin on our bikes.

I just makes me wonder just how well thought out riding with your beloved pet might be.

It is amazing how animals insert themselves into our lives.

I suspect most of us ride in our helmets and protective gear and I suspect as well most of us believe it might be inappropriate to take a infant or toddler out for a spin on our bikes.

I just makes me wonder just how well thought out riding with your beloved pet might be.

Even the best laid plans .. .. Not sure how much the 'well thought out part' assures nothing can or will go wrong, but it never hurts.

My dog travels almost everywhere with me. Other then my two trips to Africa last year, or if I am at a conference or flying somewhere then she has pretty much always gone with me. The type of touring I plan to do would be to areas she would naturally be at home in - National Parks, etc.

She is probably just as likely to be injured or killed if we are in an accident, be it auto or bike. She loves to ride in my vehicles and go on adventures with me. It'd be hard to imagine kenneling her while I am out romping around in areas and places she would enjoying to to as much, if not more, then me.

Thanks for the pics and links and ideas! I'm not sure if I have found a solution I like yet, but I certainly have viable options that some of you have shared!

Thanks!

Back