• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Winter Gloves - recommendations?

plehman

Using my Olympus winter gloves this morning in NE. Just too cold. I can't tell if the gloves are tight, or if they aren't the warmest ones out there. Would a better fitting pair of Held gloves work better?

Thanks

I've had good luck with TourMaster Elites. Bought mine about six years ago for $89 at one of the local bike outfitters. They've got a long gauntlet to protect your forearm and a self-storing fine-denier cover that can be brought out to cover the entire glove. This is supposed to give you an extra 5-10 degrees of protection. I use them with the heated grips throughout the winter months in north Georgia in temps from 30-50. A friend of mine with an FJR likes his too.

John Bergey
'05 R1200RT

Gerbing heated gloves.

All that needs to be said.

+1 :thumb

The G3's to be exact. Great fit without bulk of the classic Gerbings....sounds like the sales pitch, but they did these right. I have tested them dowm to 15 degrees so far, at any speed using just a nake K with a windshield:whistle

+1 :thumb

The G3's to be exact. Great fit without bulk of the classic Gerbings....sounds like the sales pitch, but they did these right. I have tested them dowm to 15 degrees so far, at any speed using just a nake K with a windshield:whistle

What you said! Went for my first ride with G3s on Saturday, 26F temps. Rode the VStrom (as yet without handguards or heated grips) and my hands were WARM.

I have a pair of Held Icebreaker (unheated) winter gloves that are good, but nothing like heated gloves, and quite stiff and bulky. The G3s lack any armor, but they give great feel of controls and switches.

I tried a set of BMW ProWinter II gloves. Just too bulky for my taste and the climate here in El Paso. YMMV.

I ended up buying a set of polypro liners for my LeeParks and those have been very nice. Not bulky, good heat from the grips, and the price was right...about $7.

I just ordered a new Olympia jacket and decided to try their Cold Throttle gloves. We'll see how they do in a couple of weeks. The jacket and the gloves were only slightly more than the ProWinter gloves.

Back