• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Gauley Bridge RR crossing.

Hillman

Took a little day trip on Wednesday. Some of you may be interested to know that the railroad crossing east of Gauley Bridge, WV, near Cathedral Falls, has been modified to be more motorcycle-friendly. The slippery-when-wet rubber strips have been replaced by concrete.

On the other hand, two other RR crossings east of Charleston on Rt. 60, at Rainelle and McRoss, are unchanged.

A Belated "Thank You."

Weeble (who never wobbles) --

Last year, you made a great contribution to the Rally, and I never could find your contact information to thank you!

For those that may not remember, Weeble was the person who created the local Ride Guide for the Charleston Rally, and did he *ever* pick out a nice set of roads (as I can personally attest!).

I saw hundreds of people at the Rally with hardcopies of these rides.

Too bad the guides are still not on the BMW MOA site, they would make an excellent resource for anyone planning a ride to/through West Virginia.

Here is an overview of Weeble's work. There were a number of more detailed maps, and they are still available in PDF if anyone is interested.

Ian

Maybe I was lucky. sunday on my way home from Willville in VA I travrled a strech of 60. I hit rain after I got on the Interstate just south of Charleston.

I did go across at least one set of the plastic RR tracks. Remembering the stories at National last year I used extreme caution.

Back