• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What are you listening to today?

From PBS and The American Experience, Woodstock: Three Days That Defined a Generation.

Just watched this on PBS, very cool. :jose

Music, interviews, how the event came together, how the event ended and makes me wonder if it could be done again.

Hope you were there. :dance

OM

From PBS and The American Experience, Woodstock....

Hope you were there. :dance

OM

Based on the number of folks who subsequently said they were, Yasgur's Farm held over 5 million people. :laugh

My friends and I talked about going but the lack of money, transportation and maturity combined to keep us away.

Last edited:
15 Greatest Guitar Riffs

I saw this compilation on my Yahoo landing page. This might be fun to have on a play loop! Some artists/songs I don't think I've heard of before.

1) “My Girl” – The Temptations (1965)
2) “Mannish Boy” – Muddy Waters (1955)
3) “Smoke on the Water” – Deep Purple (1972)
4) “You Really Got Me” – The Kinks (1964)
5) “Beat It” – Michael Jackson (1982)
6) “Back in Black” – AC/DC (1980)
7) “Whole Lotta Love” – Led Zeppelin (1969)
8) “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction” – Rolling Stones (1965)
9) “Good Times” – Chic (1979)
10) “Layla” – Derek & The Dominoes (1970)
11) “Sweet Child O’ Mine” – Guns ‘N Roses (1988)
12) “Johnny B Goode” – Chuck Berry (1958)
13) “This Charming Man” – The Smiths (1983)
14) “Money for Nothing” – Dire Straits (1985)
15) “Life Goes On” – The Damned (1982)

This video showed up as the most watched on YouTube. A video by Fonsi...Heyyyy!!! (If you are old enough you will "get" it.) Currently a bit over 7 Billion views... that is a lot. I didn't understand a word, but I liked the music. I think that it will be a while before I am comfortable around a lot of folks having fun as shown in this video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kJQP7kiw5Fk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I saw this compilation on my Yahoo landing page. This might be fun to have on a play loop! Some artists/songs I don't think I've heard of before.

1) “My Girl” – The Temptations (1965)
2) “Mannish Boy” – Muddy Waters (1955)
3) “Smoke on the Water” – Deep Purple (1972)
4) “You Really Got Me” – The Kinks (1964)
5) “Beat It” – Michael Jackson (1982)
6) “Back in Black” – AC/DC (1980)
7) “Whole Lotta Love” – Led Zeppelin (1969)
8) “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction” – Rolling Stones (1965)
9) “Good Times” – Chic (1979)
10) “Layla” – Derek & The Dominoes (1970)
11) “Sweet Child O’ Mine” – Guns ‘N Roses (1988)
12) “Johnny B Goode” – Chuck Berry (1958)
13) “This Charming Man” – The Smiths (1983)
14) “Money for Nothing” – Dire Straits (1985)
15) “Life Goes On” – The Damned (1982)

# in there as well up the list!
“Europa” Carlos Santana (1976)

Jerry Jeff Walker- dead at 78

Quite a character, really. One of those artists that never seemed to get the recognition that he deserved.

One of his well known hits-

OM

Thanks for that! Now I can't get Iris' voice out of my head! And nice with Emmylou Harris singing along. I remember when I first heard that on the episode of Northern Exposure. I listened to this one too!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nlaoR5m4L80" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks for that! Now I can't get Iris' voice out of my head! And nice with Emmylou Harris singing along. I remember when I first heard that on the episode of Northern Exposure. I listened to this one too!

Indeed. She doesn't get anywhere near the recognition she deserves. A unique singer/songwriter.

Joe

Speaking of a Dobro.....

One of my favorite artists, especially on Dobro- Ry Cooder. Ry Cooder is responsible for organizing a lot of good music and producing soundtracks.

Sweet!

OM....... someone who can't carry a tune in a dump-truck

Woodie Guthrie sure got this one right. I remember singing this as a kid in grade school. Hearing this certainly seems necessary about now...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8ysUpnXo9zU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back