• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What are you listening to today?

I have been using the same two 4G Ipods for many years...start hearing the same stuff on long days. Had mostly classic rock and older C&W. Too lazy to swap music often as XM is an option on my bike as long as not in the canyons or other southern sky blocking structures.

Anyways,I received an upgrade as a Christmas gift with a paltry 80G capacity:thumb
I loaded our current library of 4500+ tunes...most are H's collection and require me to hit NEXT on occasion:laugh Now where did my AC/DC ( which H dislikes) go:scratch

Last edited:
Melanie Oesch and family.....prepping for a Rally back to West Bend.....Sue's GPS is off a thousand mile or so West.

I've been rebuilding my music library this week. (Computer lost traction and took a serious crash!)

Lot's of great tunes I haven't heard in awhile. 50's 60's and 70's Classic Rock, Smooth Jazz, and 90's Country.

But wait.....oh no, what's this?

View attachment 48000

No wonder my computer crashed! :laugh
"If Mama Cass had shared her sandwich with Karen Carpenter, they both would have most likely been better off" :whistle
OM

Pass that ham sandwich..... please.

"If Mama Cass had shared her sandwich with Karen Carpenter, they both would have most likely been better off" :whistle
OM

:D:D:D

I was going to post a video but I'm lacking skills in that department, so I'll just have to sing it for ya:

No one gettin' fat cept Mama Cass......Di di di di di -di di di di di di......

Anyways,I received an upgrade as a Christmas gift with a paltry 80G capacity

Whew...80 Gigs. That's about 20,000 songs! You've got work left to do. Time to add more heavy metal to the mix :rocker

I loaded our current library of 4500+ tunes...most are H's collection and require me to hit NEXT on occasion:laugh Now where did my AC/DC ( which H dislikes) go:scratch

Whew...80 Gigs. That's about 20,000 songs! You've got work left to do. Time to add more heavy metal to the mix :rocker

Zork-Metal-Smiley.gif

;) OM

By the time he was eighteen, guitarist Lee Ritenour was accompanying Lena Horne and Tony Bennett.

Since the early '70s he has taken part in an astounding number of sessions with a dazzling array of artists from separate genres.

As a young guitarist Lee Ritenour modeled his playing after Wes Montgomery, Joe Pass and Barney Kessel, but eventually developed a style of his own.

Lee's music displays a diverse range of influences from rock & roll to Brazilian.

He is now one of the world's leading guitarists.

Click on: http://youtu.be/CE8ewj7_VCk (sorry about the first...)

I woke up one morning recently with this song playing in my head:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9ePIZugahFc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I was born in NYC, grew up on LI, and worked in Manhattan one summer, so the music video connects with me. And what's not to like about 3 pretty girls prancing about singing a catchy tune?

Harry

It's turtles all the way down.

"A well-known scientist (some say it was Bertrand Russell) once gave a public lecture on astronomy. He described how the earth orbits around the sun and how the sun, in turn, orbits around the center of a vast collection of stars called our galaxy. At the end of the lecture, a little old lady at the back of the room got up and said: "What you have told us is rubbish. The world is really a flat plate supported on the back of a giant tortoise." The scientist gave a superior smile before replying, "What is the tortoise standing on?" "You're very clever, young man, very clever," said the old lady. "But it's turtles all the way down!"

?Hawking, 1988

http://youtu.be/LWx6csgGkg4

Why do stores have this feeling that I need to be bombarded with their background music, also known as noise, when its not what I even what to listen to or at all.

Quiet would be nice. I'm shopping, what the hell do I need music for?

I took my son to Walmart today to get a few things for him to take back to college tomorrow. The song "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" by The Proclaimers came on. It's one of my favorite songs and started singing and dancing. I think I may have embarrassed him just a little! :clap

http://youtu.be/tbNlMtqrYS0

I took my son to Walmart today to get a few things for him to take back to college tomorrow. The song "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" by The Proclaimers came on. It's one of my favorite songs and started singing and dancing. I think I may have embarrassed him just a little! :clap

http://youtu.be/tbNlMtqrYS0
:thumb
Music usually makes people happy.......it's in our DNA.
Play music to a toddler and watch what happens :dance
OM

The music made me happy! I've been singing and dancing his whole life, so if i really embarrassed him he didn't let it show. He has learned to just roll with and go that's just my mom! He is the most easy going person. He enjoys music, just not dancing in Walmart!

Nothing :banghead

New ipod I thought had been on charge for a few days stopped after a few miles on yesterdays ride...voices in my head and the airheads tone had to do:laugh

Thunderstruck!

...:twirl

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/e4Ao-iNPPUc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back