• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What are you listening to today?

Right now? The sweet sound of 911 callers complaining about rocks and debris in the roadway caused by fast moving storm and deputies whining about the extended ETA for county road crews to clean up the rocks in the roadway. ~sigh~ hehehehe

My Gibson 335 :D

i-NKr7v2W-L.jpg

I'm diggin' The Many Moods Of Ben Vaughn via Podcast.

Ben Vaughn's weekly radio hour is now available via podcast. He scours continents and spans decades to come up with amazingly great, eclectic playlists each week, playlists that contain songs both from people and bands you know, and some you don't know... like this one:

SEGMENT A (20:00)
I Love The Sound of Breaking Glass | NICK LOWE
Elisir | PAOLO CONTE
Baby Scratch My Back | SLIM HARPO
Where Do You Go To My Lovely | PETER SARSTEDT
Old Man From The Mountain | MERLE HAGGARD
La Dolce Vita (excerpt) | NINO ROTA

SEGMENT B (20:00)
Rocket In My Pocket | JIMMY LLOYD
The Last Time | ANDREW OLDHAM ORCHESTRA
No Place For Me | WILLIE NELSON
Strawberry Letter #23 | SHUGGIE OTIS
Requiem Pour Un Twister | SERGE GAINSBOURG
Vaya Con Dios | LES PAUL & MARY FORD
Unhlanhia (excerpt) | HUGH MASEKELA

SEGMENT C (18:00)
King Heroin | JAMES BROWN
This Strange Effect | DAVE BERRY
The Worm | BILL DOGGET
Where Have All The Good Times Gone | THE KINKS
Misty Roses | TIM HARDIN
Tighten Up | THE UNTOUCHABLES

So good.

You can sample a couple of the first broadcasts while you peruse his website here:
http://benvaughn.net/radio/

Lucky Man - the Verve, at Glastonbury. Just heard this for the first time last week. Written in 1997; don't know how it got by me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndGIRkAFn-g

With Richard Ashcroft, the guy that Chris Martin calls "the best singer in the world" (Live Aid) and some of the nicest lead guitar licks I've heard since "Ohio".

Old Fav...

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/xFihi5cPqqE?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/xFihi5cPqqE?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

:heart

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/S-n0c_B5RMY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Fine song for scootin' down the road...

Jethro Tull

Jethro Tull - One of my favorite rock groups in the day.

Yesterday 8/29, Glenn Cornick, the original bass player for Jethro Tull from 1968 to 1970 passed away.

R.I.P.

A little G&R, when they really had it together. From a tribute to Freddie concert.

Lowell...

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/sTXvfjeF9Mw?hl=en_US&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/sTXvfjeF9Mw?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Back