• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What are you listening to today?

Engine sounds

You know..... I thought about that just as I was hitting the "enter" key. Still, I ride to escape, not take it with me....droid, blue-tooth, stereo, etc.. The wind and engine may be a little like "white noise".

You know..... I thought about that just as I was hitting the "enter" key. Still, I ride to escape, not take it with me....droid, blue-tooth, stereo, etc.. The wind and engine may be a little like "white noise".

...and just as long as you know I was funning you.

IMO bluetooth should be illegal in helmets.

I agree, when riding I listen to the music in my mind. (Hopefully, not the last commercial I heard b4 getting on the bike) I don't even have my mp3 player available till I stop. But when I am working or on my computer that is a different story.

Emmylou Harris. I'm too lazy to photograph every CD cover I've got of her music. I think I've got most of it. Listen to it mostly in the car. Don't need distractions when I'm riding.

Once again...

66339_447119513609_265238713609_5188401_2071049_n.jpg

Little Feat - Waiting for Columbus (Deluxe Edition)
1978 | MP3 320 KBPS | 324 MB | Covers & Booklet

Waiting for Columbus is the first live album by the American rock band Little Feat, released in 1978. It was recorded during seven performances, four at the Rainbow Theatre in London 2-4 August 1977, and three at George Washington University's Lisner Auditorium in Washington, D.C. 8-10 August 1977.

This 1978 live album remains a serious contender for one of the best live rock albums ever recorded. Waiting for Columbus vividly captures Little Feat at a crossroads between its swampy mid-'70s fusion of blues, country, and New Orleans R&B, and the more eclectic jazz accents introduced later in the decade.

If the late Lowell George's influence had diminished in the studio, his presence dominates here in rowdy, righteous vocals, the mercurial tang of his indelible slide guitar, and a set-list laced with his songs.

This remastered two-disc deluxe edition expands and resequences the songs into a full concert set, with encore. Two deleted tracks are further augmented by 10 additional performances to make this a definitive edition of a classic album that really will "boogie your speakers away."

Once again...

66339_447119513609_265238713609_5188401_2071049_n.jpg

Little Feat - Waiting for Columbus (Deluxe Edition)
1978 | MP3 320 KBPS | 324 MB | Covers & Booklet

Waiting for Columbus is the first live album by the American rock band Little Feat, released in 1978. It was recorded during seven performances, four at the Rainbow Theatre in London 2-4 August 1977, and three at George Washington University's Lisner Auditorium in Washington, D.C. 8-10 August 1977.

This 1978 live album remains a serious contender for one of the best live rock albums ever recorded. Waiting for Columbus vividly captures Little Feat at a crossroads between its swampy mid-'70s fusion of blues, country, and New Orleans R&B, and the more eclectic jazz accents introduced later in the decade.

If the late Lowell George's influence had diminished in the studio, his presence dominates here in rowdy, righteous vocals, the mercurial tang of his indelible slide guitar, and a set-list laced with his songs.

This remastered two-disc deluxe edition expands and resequences the songs into a full concert set, with encore. Two deleted tracks are further augmented by 10 additional performances to make this a definitive edition of a classic album that really will "boogie your speakers away."

Time loves a Hero and this album. I agree that this album is a contender for one of the best of all time. From the production quality to the lyrics to the talent of the musicians. Lowell George fits into that "I wondered how much better he would have got had he lived" category, such as Hendrix and Joplin. Jim, is this remastered set new? Thanks, Gary

Time loves a Hero and this album. I agree that this album is a contender for one of the best of all time. From the production quality to the lyrics to the talent of the musicians. Lowell George fits into that "I wondered how much better he would have got had he lived" category, such as Hendrix and Joplin. Jim, is this remastered set new? Thanks, Gary

This came out a few years ago. I want to say 2002. If you don't have it... Get it.
This is how WFC should have been when released.
Warner Bros hacked it up to two LPs back in 78. Then really hacked it up on their CD release.
This as I understand it is pretty much all the 'footage'.
There is a DVD of this 'time' from the Germany shows that's pretty good too.

From WikiPedia:

Waiting for Columbus is the first live album by the American roots-rock band Little Feat, released in 1978. It was recorded during seven performances, four at the Rainbow Theatre in London 1-4 August 1977, and three at George Washington University's Lisner Auditorium in Washington, D.C. 8-10 August 1977. Local Washington radio personality Cerphe Colwell can be heard leading the audience in a "F-E-A-T" spellout on the first track of the album.

The band decided to bring on board the Tower of Power horn section whom they have used in previous studio sessions. The result was one of their biggest selling albums and is considered one of the most acclaimed live rock albums in the same vein as The Band's Rock of Ages and The Allman Brothers Band At Fillmore East.

Many of their more well-known songs were either re-worked or extended. For instance, one of their signature songs, Dixie Chicken, was heavily extended to include a lengthy piano solo by keyboardist Bill Payne, a Dixieland horn arrangement and finally a dual guitar jam between George and Barrere. Other songs such as Rocket In My Pocket and Mercenary Territory were re-worked to include the horn section as well. Songs they covered such as Don't Bogart That Joint and On Your Way Down were also performed.

The band recorded and mixed enough material from these performances for a triple LP, but for marketing reasons kept it to a double album. Three of the unused tracks were included on their 1981 album Hoy-Hoy!. All were eventually released on the 2002 "Deluxe edition" CD.

2002 "Deluxe Edition" double CD
:bow

This edition not only restores all the original tracks, but includes several additional tracks recorded at the same appearances where the original tracks were recorded.
Disc 1 has all the tracks from sides 1, 3, and 2 (in that order) of the original LP release.
Disc 2 opens with side 4, continues with several previously unreleased tracks (6 through 12), and concludes with the three tracks that appeared on Hoy-Hoy!.

Disc one

1. "Join The Band" (Traditional) ÔÇô 1:54 - Lisner Auditorium Washington D.C. August 10, 1977
2. "Fat Man in the Bathtub" (George) ÔÇô 4:53 - Lisner Auditorium Washington D.C. August 8, 1977
3. "All That You Dream" (Barr?¿re, Payne) ÔÇô 4:29 - Lisner Auditorium Washington D.C. August 8, 1977
4. "Oh Atlanta" (Payne) ÔÇô 4:20 - Lisner Auditorium Washington D.C. August 8, 1977
5. "Old Folks' Boogie" (Barr?¿re, G. Barr?¿re) ÔÇô 4:26 - The Rainbow Theatre London England August 4, 1977
6. "Dixie Chicken" (George, Kibbee) ÔÇô 8:53 - The Rainbow Theatre London England August 3 & 4, 1977
7. "Tripe Face Boogie" (Hayward, Payne) ÔÇô 7:09 - The Rainbow Theatre London England August 2 & 3, 1977
8. "Rocket in My Pocket" (George) ÔÇô 3:57 - The Rainbow Theatre London England August 2, 1977
9. "Time Loves a Hero" (Barr?¿re, Gradney, Payne) ÔÇô 4:19 - The Rainbow Theatre London England August 4, 1977
10. "Day or Night" (Payne, F. Tate) ÔÇô 5:30 - The Rainbow Theatre London England August 4, 1977
11. "Mercenary Territory" (George, E. George, Hayward) ÔÇô 4:36 - The Rainbow Theatre London England August 2, 1977
12. "Spanish Moon" (George) ÔÇô 5:36 - Lisner Auditorium Washington D.C. August 8, 1977

Running time: 60:02

Disc two

1. "Willin'" (George) ÔÇô 4:42 - Lisner Auditorium Washington D.C. August 8, 1977
2. "Don't Bogart That Joint" (E. Ingber, L. Wagner) ÔÇô 1:01 - Lisner Auditorium Washington D.C. August 8, 1977
3. "A Apolitical Blues" (George) ÔÇô 3:51 - The Rainbow Theatre London England August 3, 1977
4. "Sailin' Shoes" (George) ÔÇô 6:23 - Lisner Auditorium Washington D.C. August 10, 1977
5. "Feats Don't Fail Me Now" (Barr?¿re, George, Kibbee) ÔÇô 5:35 - Lisner Auditorium Washington D.C. August 9, 1977
6. "One Love Stand" (Barr?¿re, Gradney, Payne) ÔÇô 4:27 - Lisner Auditorium Washington D.C. August 9, 1977
7. "Rock and Roll Doctor" (George, Kibbee) ÔÇô 4:17 - Lisner Auditorium Washington D.C. August 9, 1977
8. "Skin It Back" (Barr?¿re) ÔÇô 5:40 - The Rainbow Theatre London England August 2, 1977
9. "On Your Way Down" (Allen Toussaint) ÔÇô 6:25 - Lisner Auditorium Washington D.C. August 10, 1977
10. "Walkin' All Night" (Barr?¿re, Payne) ÔÇô 4:12 - Lisner Auditorium Washington D.C. August 8, 1977
11. "Cold, Cold, Cold" (George) ÔÇô 5:18 - The Rainbow Theatre London England August 4, 1977
12. "Day at the Dog Races" (Barr?¿re, Clayton, Gradney, Hayward, Payne) ÔÇô 12:12 - Lisner Auditorium Washington D.C. August 9, 1977
13. "Skin It Back" (Barr?¿re) ÔÇô 4:40 - Lisner Auditorium Washington D.C. August 8, 1977
14. "Red Streamliner" (Payne, F. Tate) ÔÇô 4:59 - Lisner Auditorium Washington D.C. August 8, 1977
15. "Teenage Nervous Breakdown" (George) ÔÇô 4:12 - Lisner Auditorium Washington D.C. August 9, 1977

Running time: 77:54

:thumb :thumb Thanks for digging that info up :bow. That gives me the info I need to order the new version of something I first bought on cassette. Gary

For your dining and dancing pleasure.......Jethro Tull - Locomotive Breath
Saw 'em live at Boston Garden....'81 :hungover
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s1dswpoAac0?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s1dswpoAac0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

RIP...Gerry Rafferty

Passed away today 1/4/11 63yo
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/05/arts/music/05rafferty.html?src=twrhp

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WkS169P_Eeo?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WkS169P_Eeo?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:dance:dance:dance:dance

Back