• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Highway 212 _ Bear Tooth Pass

Montana DOT has this road listed as "preliminary construction started". Has anyone been on this road from Yellowstone to Red Lodge in the last week or so? Montana is notorious for removing large sections of two lane roads, leaving gravel and large rocks covered frequently with water from large water spewing trucks leaving a very slick sticky surface behind.

If they have started to remove pavement, I MAY alter my incoming route to Spokane, or quickly acquire a GS ride <G>!!

Gene Chapman
K1200LT:dunno

Montana is notorious for removing large sections of two lane roads, leaving gravel and large rocks covered frequently with water from large water spewing trucks leaving a very slick sticky surface behind.

Boy did I find that out the ard way on hwy 200 three years ago coming out of kalispell heading west. I see a sign that says road construction ahead and think no big deal until I see they removed 7 miles of road with 7 miles of gravel with one lane packed and the other lane loose gravel I had to split the lane because I didn't dare go into the loose stuff on my LT and go down.

Frank

Back