• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

zuno 550 Battery

My zumo went dead Monday; happily at a non critical time. I called Garmin and talked to a nice person without any waiting.:wow
I was told that it was likely the battery. When 1 cell goes dead then the unit will not activate. I followed instructions and got the unit to work on the AC charger. Garmin is sending me a new battery on warrantee. I am happy.
It will be a week or 2 for that battery to get here (USA to Canada) due to Customs storage. It is cold here and I can find my way to the garage without the zumo.

Has anyone else had a problem with their zumo?

Popping the battery out and then re-installing it might fix the problem. It happened to me yesterday.

Didn't Work for Me

Tom
Thank you for your suggestion. It didn't work for me.:cry I still have a new battery coming from Garmin.:D

something else to be aware of other than the main battery you can replace.

there is a smaller internal battery - i had issues with that, needed to send the Zumo to Garmin for correction.

To minimize that battery from draining i leave it plugged into the wall charger when not in use - since then has been flawless

Also a extremely excellent forum for all things zumo is www.zumoforums.com

Check it out.

Back