• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Throttlemeister bar ends

Dan, I'm not sure;

Our bikes are quite different. Mine is a GSA1200'07 model and the bushwhackers for the hand protection is not on your bike. My bar end weights are a lot different than your RT. The Kaoko system, I bought at my BMW dealer in Modesto,CA(Cycle Specialties BMW). The Koako simply took the place of the part between the bushwhackers and the bar end, no weights. Kaoko makes it for your bike, however I am certain of that and the parts for the exchange are probably present, but weight unknown to me. I do not think the weight would be any issue anyways, but maybe? Randy:D

Throttle meister bar ends are a beautiful piece of machined speed control deivces, and do reduce handlebar buzz, however I have to agree with HENZILLA that they are not as convenient to set compared to KAOKO. With the KAOKO one can easily lock ones speed by moving your hand a bit sideways and rubbing your palm downwards over the knurled wheel, while having your full hand still on the throttle all due to the knurled edged end wheel on the Kaoko. This is not so with the Trottlemeister due to its smooth shiny slippery steel. Your hand or glove tend to slip on the throttlemeister...you must use your entire fingers, thus covering less of your hand on the throttle...using the pingy won"t work.:stick

Somewhere on this(?) forum is a thread about a guy who carefully determined where it should be placed and then drilled and tapped his TM for a grease zerk.
It allows "operation by pinky":groovy

Modified the TM

Jeff, I've been thinking of ways that I could modify my TH ever since I saw the KAOKO. The grease zerk is not a bad idea but I might try drilling and pressing in a metal pin type of thing that would make rotating the TM a lot easier.

After the holidays I'll be working on this.

Jeff, I've been thinking of ways that I could modify my TH ever since I saw the KAOKO. The grease zerk is not a bad idea but I might try drilling and pressing in a metal pin type of thing that would make rotating the TM a lot easier.

That might be a better idea.
Maybe a pop rivet would press in pretty easily and be soft enough to remove, if needed.
Or, 5 or 6 of them in a line around the TM and with only the head being proud of the surface. Possibilities abound!

Throttlemeisters were designed by Del Fisher, a long-time BMW rider.

When he retired, he sold his company (Marker Machine) to the employees, and they continue to make and sell the product. His son, Fred Fisher, is still with them.

I've been using Throttlemeisters since Del first started making them. I strongly endorse them.

Stopped in at Marker this week and met Fred Fisher. Nice people and I go a tour of the facility to see how they are made. Small shop putting out alot of great product. They have about 1000 dealers and sell alot to Europe. Got to see Del's K1200RS with sidecar and Fred's Can Am Spider. Nice Wisconsin people!

The heavy are longer than the standard. Some people like the longer models.

Back