• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Throttlemeister bar ends

D

DanRT02

I'd like to be able to lock the throttle on my R1150RT at times. Are the Throttlemeister bar ends worth the money?

The quality and finish are very good. I had them on my RS and now the S. Are they worth the money?...........that's kind of a hard one to answer. There are other brands that do basically the same thing, as well as other types of devices (Salamander, Throttlerocker). I guess it was worth the $120 to me, as I bought a second set for my second bike. :D

Have T-Meisters on a couple of bikes, have since tried Kaoko brand from Adventure Workshop on my GS,I also have put them on a few R bikes as well
...easier to use with winter gloves ...same price range. They are all pricey, but are nice to have anyways. The Kaoko work better than the T-Meisters for bikes with handguards from my experience also.
http://www.adventurersworkshop.com/kaokothrottlecontrols.htm

Throttlemeisters were designed by Del Fisher, a long-time BMW rider.

When he retired, he sold his company (Marker Machine) to the employees, and they continue to make and sell the product. His son, Fred Fisher, is still with them.

I've been using Throttlemeisters since Del first started making them. I strongly endorse them.

Throttlemeisters

I picked up a set for my R1150RT at the Dells rally last September. Fred Fisher even installed them for me! :clap Good fit & finish and they work great. I would recommend them!

I have used them for about 7 years

on my last two bikes. Before that i used something else distributed by a large East Coast dealer that i didn't like nearly as well....

I like them a lot, but beware of the fact that they can get "sticky" with the grips on HIGH

I use them on my RT. They hold the throttle at a constant input, not a constant speed. They look good and work.

I have them on my RT and they are probably in the top 3 for best value/usefulness for the money.
When the grip heater is on, they have a different range of adjustment. Not a problem.
With my arthritis, they're indispensable on a longer ride.
:thumb

I've been using the throttlemeister for about 4 months on my GS. They help reduce fatigue and I would recommend them. I will point out some disappointment, however, but keep in mind it may just be operator error. It is hard to maintain a constant speed and they seem to cause some acceleration, even though I'm not rolling on the throttle. Disengaging also is a little awkward, and lastly, with cold wear gloves there is less feel of control. Because of these issues, I only use them on highways with moderate or less traffic. In spite of the drawbacks, I still recommend them

I have them on my K1 and have had them on other bikes. It's an excellent product that is beautifully finished - a real compliment to a BMW bike. The only concern is that they are a wee bit touchy to adjust for the right amount of free play when "off" and yet still have sufficient drag when "on", but with a couple of adjustments you can get them spot on. :thumb

I had a Throttlemiester on a 1991 RS and on a 2000 ST1100. They worked well and looked good. I have the Kaoko on my 08 GS and it works well and looks good too. I would probably go with the Throttlemiester if I were to buy another street bike, and would likely stick with the Kaoko on another dual sport, assuming of course that neither had an electronic cruise control which I would prefer over both.

Well, with the help from you guys another set of Throttlemisters have been sold.
Thanks for you help. I will be ordering a set this weekend.

I'm sold on them.
Where is the best place to buy BMW accessories and after market accessories for the R1150RT?

I have one more question before I order these.
The Throttlemeister comes in two weights. Standard and Heavy.

I don't get a lot of vibration thru the handlebars with just the OEM end weights.
Which of the TM bar end weights are the same weight as the OEM?

If I remember correctly the standard was a little bit heavier than the OEM bar ends. I am very happy with mine. It takes some fussy adjusting to get them just right when you first install them.

I ended up picking up a heavy set and put them on the bike.
I never had Throttlemeisters before and had my bike for about a week or so.
I tried turning the bar ends that came with the bike and nothing happened.

When I went to install the TM's I noticed the bar ends I was taking off the bike looked just like the Throttlemeister I just bought and thought that was odd.
I put the old bar ends back on the bike and tried turning the end again and it turned and operated just like the new TM's. You see where this is going don't you. :)

The bike came with the TM installed and the dealer didn't tell me nor did they work. They are working now and I'm able to return the new ones. Time to look at the shopping list again, boy do I hate that. :) Lets see, a back rest for the trunk oh I know...highway pegs. Both

Koako is better, imo:)

GSA1200 here and I went to buy the TM's and found the Koako on the shelf alongside. I went with the Koako, because of the "ease" of use, period. Both are well made, beyond approach. The TM smooth product is kind of hard to use without the teeth the Koako has. I've had the Throttlemeister on previous BMW's and found it an exceptional product, but my Koako cruise today simply works better with the teeth to grab on to. Randy:D

Kaoko:)

I may have made a spelling error, sorry. Kaoko is the proper doing:) IMO, Buying either product would serve the rider pretty darn well. I give TM an A+ for their finish work. Very pretty product.. Randy

Randy, I like the idea of the grip portion on the bar ends. Do you know what the weight of the bar ends is? I have the heavy ones now and like them.

Back