• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Highway Bars for R1150RT

I would like to add highway bars to the bike. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Has anyone tried these?
Highway Pegs "Elf Pegs" For Single Spark Engine
http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=1535

I've tried the Elf pegs. Excellent product, fit & Finish. But they did not suit me well and I found myself to be in the same crouched/folded leg position.

I might try the Eagle Hawk Talon pegs. But I am yet to get past the looks of those pegs. The Elf pegs looked very nice and when folded in, they just blend with the looks of the engine.

Prakash, how long is your inseam. Mine is 32", would I have to stretch my legs way out to reach the pegs when opened and when these are open are the spark plugs open to the elements?
As you can see, I'm new to the BMW world. :)

I would like to add highway bars to the bike. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Has anyone tried these?
Highway Pegs "Elf Pegs" For Single Spark Engine
http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=1535

the elfs may look better but don't discount the hawks. unlike the elf's, the hawks take into account the cylinder off set. you also have more opdtions on length and position, top or bottom of cylinder head. look at www.hawksproducts.com I use them on my RT and have had no complaints with them. Good Luck

Now the Hawks are cool. What needs to be done to bolt them on?
I like them.

Well, I just found the answer to my question on their web site. I'll have to measure which size I need. They look like a great product.

Last edited:
Nice job Rob, I will be ordering a set of the highway peg brackets and I like the idea of the four point attachment. I may cope that if you don't mind.

I love my ELF pegs. I almost feel like I'm riding a Harley with my legs out in front of me as if I'm riding my recliner - and then I look down and see a fully-faired white BMW and I'm jolted out of the nightmare of riding a Harley and back into a happy Bavarian reality :)

:)

I received the Hawk Pegs brackets and now I need to get the pegs.

Prakash, how long is your inseam. Mine is 32", would I have to stretch my legs way out to reach the pegs when opened and when these are open are the spark plugs open to the elements?
As you can see, I'm new to the BMW world. :)

Dan
Sorry for the delayed reply. I am 5'8 with a 31" inseam. I do not think that you will have to stretch too much. I;d suggest you sit on another bike that has the Elf pegs to get the best idea.

The spark plugs are closed from the element both when the pegs are closed / open.

I'm 5'-10" with a 30" inseam... love mine... do not have to stretch at all.

Attachments

• IMG_0398.gif
    IMG_0398.gif
    122.7 KB · Views: 5,654
I have the Hawk brackets installed and I bought another set of the passenger foot plugs to use as highway pegs, they will go on today.
Thanks for the suggestions and ideas.

Back