• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Awaiting announcement of the forum administrator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bud

It is what it is.
Understand there was an announcement made in open session at the last BOD meeting.

Well - if it was made in open session then it is public info - so -

What did you hear?

I wasn't there so I didn't hear anything.

But I understood an announcement was made and I would hope that there would be some mention on the forum by those in charge.

I wasn't there so I didn't hear anything.

But I understood an announcement was made and I would hope that there would be some mention on the forum by those in charge.

You ARE an optimist aren't you. They don't have time to deal with posting on the forum, remember? :stick :whistle

You ARE an optimist aren't you. They don't have time to deal with posting on the forum, remember? :stick :whistle

I'm still an optimist and perhaps spoke out of turn.

We will see.

In spite of everything, I remain optimistic about the forum and the MOA.

This organization is poised for greater things and I'm glad to be a member while changes take place. The two recently held events are a sign that the organization is headed in a new direction.

I worked for a very wise person once who tried to help me, early in my career, to put things in perspective. I would complain to him (he was my boss) about all of the things going wrong or that needed fixing. He would always reply "It is just a bump in the road." Most of the time he was right.

After all, this is supposed to be fun.

i'll talk to the poobah and see who is supposed to announce darryl as admin. oh wait. crap. the light is low in this room... where is the delete key? wait, is submit highlighted? errrr.....

simulated flight test only

And then the shadow passed over from above, and then I realized it was sad, but true...

Pigs don't fly! what was that flying object in the sky?

I was waiting for some real news, like maybe Motor 31 was given back his sig line, or the TAVERN was about to take flight...

Oh well. I will continue to exist here; so be it in the shadows!

oh...Congrats Darryl ! thaks for taking it on.:thumb

Red

Thanks very much for the welcome. I hope we can achieve many of the goals you would all like to see here. I know there are a couple things in the pipeline right now, mostly awaiting me having enough concentrated time to get them right for announcement.

I would just like to point out that if a Board member made a comment like this about anyone else on this forum he or she would be accused of badgering or demeaning a member. I think we'd all do better to keep such "clever" comments to ourselves and out of our posts.

There is a expectation here - at least by some - that it's the *responsibly* of someone in the organization to post any and every detail when something happens in real time. If "we" don't meet those expectations then we're fair game for attacks and reckless accusations. This thread was started on the 27th. I know that I spent all day Sunday traveling back from the Board meeting and didn't get home until 6:45pm local time. I worked all day Monday and have been sick with a cold since then.

What is announced in Open Session at a Board meeting is public information and can be passed along by anyone. I fully support getting information out quickly and Darrel's appointment is very good news. It's just not the job of anyone on the Board to report here about it. When Dave asked how many people at the meeting used the forum, about twenty people raised their hands. :stick

There is a expectation here - at least by some - that it's the *responsibly* of someone in the organization to post any and every detail when something happens in real time. If "we" don't meet those expectations then we're fair game for attacks and reckless accusations. This thread was started on the 27th. I know that I spent all day Sunday traveling back from the Board meeting and didn't get home until 6:45pm local time. I worked all day Monday and have been sick with a cold since then.

What post was this interrupted from ? The real time comment may have been from mine implying as a possibility that members input comments and information into BoD projects being worked on instead of finding out about them later in ON and commenting after the facts. What other word should I use besides real time ? In a timely manner, within a given amount of time, or an approved time period ? What is less threatening to the requestee ? If we wait too long then it is past practice or history isn't it ?

Reckless attacks and accusations then and now should be handled by forum moderation rule enforcement. Again the mods inability to enforce the rules is not the members fault the same can be said for the bylaws.

I would just like to point out that if a Board member made a comment like this about anyone else on this forum he or she would be accused of badgering or demeaning a member. I think we'd all do better to keep such "clever" comments to ourselves and out of our posts.

:thumb

What is announced in Open Session at a Board meeting is public information and can be passed along by anyone. I fully support getting information out quickly and Darrel's appointment is very good news. It's just not the job of anyone on the Board to report here about it. When Dave asked how many people at the meeting used the forum, about twenty people raised their hands. :stick

Which leads to something I have been thinking about as folks discuss how the forum can better serve to disseminate information to the membership. In order for this to be realized it would require that the majority of members read the boards, which I suspect from looking at the data on those viewing them, is not the case and that the majority of members do NOT use them so the impact (as a means of contacting the membership) is limited by that. This is not say it can not be useful for “getting the word out", but it must be taken into account as to what percentage is actually being reached and should be only one but one of several means, rather than the end all and be all some may view it as.

RM

What post was this interrupted from ? The real time comment may have been from mine implying as a possibility that members input comments and information into BoD projects being worked on instead of finding out about them later in ON and commenting after the facts. What other word should I use besides real time ? In a timely manner, within a given amount of time, or an approved time period ? What is less threatening to the requestee ? If we wait too long then it is past practice or history isn't it ?

Reckless attacks and accusations then and now should be handled by forum moderation rule enforcement. Again the mods inability to enforce the rules is not the members fault the same can be said for the bylaws.

My remarks were directed at Motor31's comment about Board members being too busy to post information on the forum.

As for "attacks" - there should be a level of respect among us here. Comments like in Motor31's post create an atmosphere of disrepect. That attitude isn't an moderation issue - it's just a matter of manors, and whether you are talking about issues, or just getting personal.

Yes.

When ever two show up to wrestle. A fact of life not limited to threads on our forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back