• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

gell padded gloves

m1aspring

looking for a pair of gell padded [in the palm area] leather gloves. to wear on my k1200rs. anyone have any favorites? thanks:usa

gell gloves

thanks for the reply"s jon i looked at aerostich but didnt see any at first,can you give me any more info. thanks to all:bikes

Dave, what do you think of the construction of the gloves?
I just received two pairs one being the insulated pair. I think the leather material is way to thin to protect the hands should someone have a get off while riding.
I e-mailed them with this question and I'm waiting on their reply before I send the gloves back.

Dan,
I don't know that the leather is thinner, so much as more supple, than most other gloves.

Most of the "stiff" leather gloves are cowskin, the Qwi gloves feel more like deerskin, which is used in some high end gloves and jackets.

It will be interesting to see what they say.

Sad to say, I am an "EXPERT" on carpal tunnel and have had the "release" operation on both hands. One hand in 2001 and the other a year later. It worked for me and bought me some time to ride,work and play. I have tried the gel gloves and while I don't want to say they are not helpful, I use another approach to better effect. Size your gloves so that you can wear the thin liners-the black kind that are shear in weight(polypropylene from Campmor are 6.99) and they help isolate pressure and vibration.Most of us wear socks with our shoes and these glove liners work in a similar fashion.They also increase warmth without making for a hot hand during milder weather I have bought them at Dicks or you will see them on Ebay as well. For work on my farm, where I don't need touch to perform the task, I wear the Carhart winter work gloves. They are cheapest from the Workers Store online and while overpriced and sometimes having crappy leather in certain pairs , they are padded a lot. I wear them year round just because of the padding/insulation which again isolates vibration. They are too thick and cumbersome for bike riding, but great for farm work. I wear them and ear protection when running chain saws, string trimmers, and other jobs that are hurtful to CTS people like me. PM me if you have non medical questions about my experience with the problem and the treatment/surgery.
While riding , I do "finger exercises" to relieve my hands and fingers and also try to ride with a not so tight grip when on the slab. I just bought a new pair of elk skin gloves which I'll wear with the black liners year round when in the dry.
One thing you will no longer do , after the surgery, is to slap an end wrench with the palm of your hand! To sum it up,the gel is not as purposeful for your hands as your feet or butt.

Last edited:
Back