• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

GP K75RT question

basketcase

What's that noise...?
I couldn't decide if this was a general BMW motorcyle question, or a K bike tech question. I suppose I will know by whether or not it gets moved! :brow

Anyway, would someone remind me of the first year that the electric adjustable windshield was offered on the K75RT?

Thanks,
Rick

8 minutes ...

To get moved over here. Wow! Dave must have too much spare time on his hands. :p

Thanks. I was thinking 91 or 92 after I posted.

Re: 8 minutes ...

Rick in AL said:
To get moved over here. Wow! Dave must have too much spare time on his hands. :p

Thanks. I was thinking 91 or 92 after I posted.

Tina's watching the Ten Commandments and I'm out of nails to pound in my forehead.

:snore

Well, the electric windshield was first introduced on the 1993 K1100LT at the end of '92, so if any K75RT earlier than '94 has one, the owner bought it themselves or the dealer added it to help sell the bike.

I've looked in the BMW EPC before for part availablity for certain years and they've always been accurate. According to the catalog the adjustable windsheild was available since it's inception in '89 on the K75RT. There's a code describing if it's retrofit or available only in certain countries. None of these are present so I would assume it was available in the U.S.

I think the EPC is just referring to the fixed windscreen with the adjustable side wings. That's been around since '89 on the first ABS LT's.

I thought that also but it shows the actuator, wiring harness & associated components.

Back