• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Peg lowering kit

Bud

It is what it is.
My old knees have started hurting on long rides. I bought a peg lowering kit from a BMW Sports Touring forum member.

Here is the position of my knee before:

1224695055.jpg

Here is the position of my knee after:

1224694952.jpg

I'm a happy camper. :wave

Camo is not my new ATGATT. :laugh Just got back from bow hunting and decided to do a little work on the bike.

Lowering Pegs

That looks great!

Which pegs are those? I am looking at a set for a R1150R, wondering if it will fit my RT

I have the peg lowering kit on mine, including the lower shifter lever. Works great and have never had it drag on the pavement.

OLY20080518009.jpg

Wow! That is a HUGE difference. What is the advertised difference? I have the Suburban lowering kit and shifter on my R1100R. It lowered the pegs by 1.4 inches which was subtle but helped a lot. Dragged a toe once but I have big feet and I have since adjusted my foot placement on corners. The Suburban peg kit was top notch, but the shifter kit was a bit crude. Effective, but crude.

Back