• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

biggggg assss head

robertklee

I hate to start this again, but I cannotttttttttttt find a helmet to fit me. I have an old Bell i'm refurbishing. Back in the 70's I had an Arthur Fulmer I used for moto-cross, touring, etc. What about the xxxl from J.C. Whitnety? I'm desperate.
:usa

Huge Noggin?

I too have a big head and I have found that the HJC Symax XXL is actually too big for me. My regular lid is a Schuberth Concept XXL and it is a good fit - the Symax is so big I had to shim the liner with some foam bits from a bicycle helmet - not real safe but it did work till I found the Schuberth and the better fit.
Head shape is also a factor - round vs. oval, etc.

I also have a big head, Probably because wife has called me "Fat Head" for so many years and I grew into it. I found the HJC helmets fit me well for a full face and I have an Arther Fulmer open face that fits good. Took a lot of searching, but eventually found a dealer that was willing to bring in some very large sizes, XXL, XXXL and XXXXL. The HKC that fit me perfectly is the XXL and the Arthru Fulmer is an XXXL. Probable differences are due to head shape as much as actual size. Have been using HKC helmets for a number of years now as they were about the only ones I could get. My old Bell (heavy fiberglass) and Nava helmets are hanging on the wall of my garage. I wish I could still get the Nava helmets. They were the first DOT and Snell approved plastic helmets. Light, strong and huge opening for the eyes. Never had any peripeheral vision issues. The HJC have a big opening, but not as big as those old Nava's did.

Wow, blast from the past, Nava went out of business more than 20 years ago.

I see where Arai now has a XXXL size. I would recomend helmetshop.com . I ordered a new one from them back in Sept.

Found an XXXL helmet at KSL.com under this listing. recreational vehicles/motorcycle accessories/clothing The ad # is4488936

How to Prepare a Shrunken-Head

:p After an attack on the enemy, the victim or victims were killed and immediately decapitated. Sometimes the decapitation process occurred while the victim was still alive.

The head is cut off below the neck with a section of the skin from the chest and back is taken with it. The killer removes his woven head-band and passes it through the mouth and neck of the head and ties it over his shoulder to facilitate a rapid retreat from the victim's camp. Should the killer have no head band, the warrior will utilize a section of vine. The head shrinking process occurred in the following way:

With the immediate fighting over, the warriors assemble back at agreed upon camps alongside a river away from the enemy's territory. It is here that the head shrinking process begins.

Now safe, the killer begins to work on the head. A slit is made in the neck and up the back of the head, allowing the skin and hair to be carefully peeled from the skull. The skull is then discarded into the river and left as a gift to the pani, the anaconda.

Carefully, the eyes are sewn shut with fine native fiber. The lips are closed and skewered with little wooden pegs, which are later removed and replaced with dangling strings. From here the tsantsa goes to the sacred boiling pots or cooking jars. The head is simmered for approximately an hour and a half to two hours. If the heads were left for any longer, the hair would have fallen out. On removal from the pots, the skin is dark and rubbery, and the head is about 1/3 its original size. The skin is turned inside out and all the flesh adhering is scraped off with a knife. The scraped skin is then turned right side out and the slit in the rear is sewn together. What remains is similar to that of an empty rubber glove.

The final shrinking is done with hot stones and sand collected nearby in order to sear the interior and to shrink the head further. These stones are dropped one at a time through the neck opening and constantly rotated inside to prevent scorching. When the skin becomes too small for the stones to be rolled around within the head, sand is heated in a food bowl and substituted for the stones. The sand enters the crevices of the nose and ears, where the stones could not reach. This process is repeated frequently. Hot stones are later applied to the exterior of the face to seal and shape the features. Surplus hair is singed off and the finished product hung over a fire to harden and blacken. A heated machete is applied to the lips to dry them. Following this procedure, the three chonta are put through the lips and the lips are then lashed together with string.

This entire process would last for approximately one week, with the head being worked on daily while en route back to their own village. The last day of work on the trophy is spent in a forest a few hours away from their village where the first tsantsa celebration will take place. Here, the warriors will make a hole in the top of the head and a double kumai is inserted and tied to a shirt stick of chonta palm on the inside, so that the head can be worn around the warrior's neck.

The Jivaro Indians were preoccupied with realism, which is clearly shown in the careful preparation of the head. Due to the meticulousness of the tribesmen, the warrior tries to prepare the tsantsa with utmost care in order to maintain the original likeness of a the slain victim's face.

I hate to start this again, but I cannotttttttttttt find a helmet to fit me. I have an old Bell i'm refurbishing. Back in the 70's I had an Arthur Fulmer I used for moto-cross, touring, etc. What about the xxxl from J.C. Whitnety? I'm desperate.
:usa

I have a XXXL Shoei RF-1000. It was the only helmet I could find that would fit by Gourd. Personally I would be very wary of buying a helmet from the internet unless I knew it would fit. XXL iin one model may be similar to XXXL in another. Even in a given manufacturers model line the shape and size of helmet varies. Example: Shoie RF-1000 is a different head shape than the XS-1100, and the
syncrotech.

Roy

Back