• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Olympia Airglide 2 High Viz Jacket

fastdogs2

The local BMW dealer had an open house this past weekend and offered a 15% discount on Olympia gear. I purchased the Airglide 2 Jacket in High-Viz.

http://www.olympiamotosports.com/airglide/airglide.htm

My riding buddy said he could really see me and I noticed the car drivers on the Interstate were giving me more room than I have ever been accustomed to.

I have owned two First Gear Mesh Jackets and thought that while they did provide airflow, they did not have substantial armor. The Airglide armor appears to be much stiffer than the foam stuff used by First gear.

The jacket ventilates about as well as the First Gear Mesh, but the arms are not completely mesh covered, so there is a difference in air flow in that area between the two jackets.

The liner provided with the Airglide is substantially warmer than the First Gear liner. It is so warm that I plan to use it as a liner for my BMW Savannah jacket for winter riding.

Good coat!

Good coverage. I am comfortable in mine from about 90 down to 45 dgrees with the liner. It is alos holding up very well after several runs through the wash.

I have used an Olympia AirGlide suit (silver) for two summers and found it much cooler than the Joe Rocket Phoenix it replaced. The additional fabric along the arms and other areas of the Olympia look to me not only to proved more protection in a get-off, but they also direct the air in a way that I don't dehydrate so much on very hot days, yet still have plenty of air flow. I added one of Olympia's high-viz (yellow) matching (mesh) vests and can second your story of people appearing to take notice. My riding buddies are convinced people think I'm a cop at first glance. Cool. :brow

Fastdogs2 - I have been riding in my Olympia HI VIZ for about two years now and love them. I find on the interstates people think I am a cop - I see people start and quickly stop at intersections where they would have presented a problem had they continued.

+3 for the Airglide and HI VIZ

I have received many favorable comments on my Olympia Hi-Viz jacket while waiting at various intersections for the light to change. The removable liner works fairly well in cool weather and light rain / damp conditions, I will have to do more research on full out rain gear (1 or 2 piece) for my longer trips. In the heat/humidity of summer in FL I normally wear a full mesh jacket over a long sleeve "wicking fabric shirt" and Gusset or Draggin Jeans but have recently purchased full mesh pants to be worn over shorts. Ride Safe :usa

Back