• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Leaf peeping in Western Maine

xp8103

About a 160 mile loop through central and western Maine (even touching eastern NH) and the White Mountains.

Route 118 between Oxford and Waterford
PA030059.jpg

Keywadin Lake (I believe) on Route 5
PA030055.jpg

Somewhere on Route 5 on the way to the Freyburg fair.
PA040082.jpg

Fair fun!! The boy and I....
PA040065.jpg

A rest stop on Route 113 between Freyburg and Gilead
PA040095.jpg

Looking back down 113...
PA040096.jpg

From the outlook at the rest stop. Yeah, the guy with the Beemer has to be different...
PA040199.jpg

My passenger.... :)
PA040085.jpg

I was surprised that the foliage WASN'T near peak. Yes, there was some color but given our location (western mountains) I figured that there would be MUCH more color given the summer we've had. So, if anyone is thinking of a foliage ride, NEXT weekend might be a good time to go!

Last edited:
About a 160 mile loop through central and western Maine (even touching eastern NH) and the White Mountains.

I was surprised that the foliage WASN'T near peak. Yes, there was some color but given our location (western mountains) I figured that there would be MUCH more color given the summer we've had. So, if anyone is thinking of a foliage ride, NEXT weekend might be a good time to go!

Thanks for the pictures, we have a 10 person ride scheduled for this coming Saturday through Washington Valley. Weather and peak foliage is looking in our favor. :thumb I will post some pictures after our ride.

Nice!!! thanks for sharing. A memory for you and your son that will last a lifetime.

Well... As we were in that spot, I looked over at him. Not sure if it was a memory he wants to remember by the looks on his face!! :)

Back