• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

R1150RT handle bar swap

AFSM

Hi folks. I am hoping to get some advice from someone who's changed their RT stock handlebars over to the tube type bars. I know there's a kit to do this from Verholen or Eurotech but have any of you done this? I would really like to be able to change my bars to something about an inch lower and an inch more forward. Since all the wiring for the heated grips and such is on the outside I can see no real problems in switching over but advice from someone who's done the swap would surely be appreciated. Thanks.

Bodyman said:
Hi folks. I am hoping to get some advice from someone who's changed their RT stock handlebars over to the tube type bars. I know there's a kit to do this from Verholen or Eurotech but have any of you done this? I would really like to be able to change my bars to something about an inch lower and an inch more forward. Since all the wiring for the heated grips and such is on the outside I can see no real problems in switching over but advice from someone who's done the swap would surely be appreciated. Thanks.

You might also be able to swap out a pair of the cast bars from the pre-20011/2 R1100R. They look very similar to the RT bars but are a little lower and a little more forward. I'm not sure about the bolt pattern.

MarkF

Back